How to return to root/title menu?

If anyone has seen any of my postings here at “The Club”,
you’ll note that I have tried to create a simple (plug n play)
menu for backing up 2 (or more) movies to a single dvdr.

It started here…

Now, in order to try and improve this simple menu, I seek
an answer to this question.

How do I make a movie (when it ends) return to the menu?
I have searched high and low for the answer, yet it still escapes
me.

TIA!

dvdmanDAVE

Fight disease! Join the GRID!

Sorry for not really involing myself in your prior 2 dvds to 1 dvdr threads.

I’m sure your Menu has help many, but I dont like menus that just says Movie 1, etc without the actual movies name. My movies return to the Menu when finished.

I author my 2 movies in Maestro (you can also use DVDLab almost the same way). I make my front Menu from the front covers of the 2 DVD’s in question ( the menu is just a simple JPG file made in Paint Shop Pro) either scanned or if I’m lazy just download from IMDB.com. I also then move the 2 pics together to make a front cover as well. I tend to use the VHS covers as they a long and narrow and about 1/2 the width of a crystal case cover (I dont store my backups in those big bulky dvd cases).

In Maestro (and DVDLab) you just direct the end action of each movie to run the menu again, even back to their own button if you wish. You can also have a small intro movie before the Menu, the skys the limit really.

I know the way I do it involves authoring, but then all my double movie dvdr’s dont look the same, have an actual title (and graphics, can also be annimated as well) and all done in a few minutes. But I supose its easier for me as I dont make the original encoded movie with DVD2One or Shrink or what ever. I always use CCE to do the encodeing and get very little loss in quality. It produces *.mpv and *.ac3 streams ready for authoring rather than *.vob files from those all-in-one quick solutions.

Each to their own, but I find authoring them provides the ultimate in flexability.

I hope someone can help with a solution to your immediate problem.

Originally posted by ChickenMan
Sorry for not really involing myself in your prior 2 dvds to 1 dvdr threads.

That’s okay.

I hope someone can help with a solution to your immediate problem.

Perhaps you can still help…

If you have a 2 movies on 1 dvdr backup handy,
please look (in ifoedit) at one of the movie’s ifo files…
At the VTS_PGCITI click the plus sign, then the
VTS_PGC_1, scroll down in the bottom screen until you
reach the PGC command table, and tell me what your last post
command is…

(added after a few minutes thought) Say, CM, you have
actually pointed me into a new direction. WTG CM!!! LOL

Do you have a guide outlining what you do? Where is it?
I have the proggies that you reference, but lack the “basic”
knowledge on how best to implement them…

Each to their own, but I find authoring them provides the ultimate in flexability.

I cannot argue, at all, with that…

TIA!

dvdmanDAVE

Fight disease! Join the GRID!

Originally posted by dvdmanDAVE
[B]That’s okay.

Perhaps you can still help…

If you have a 2 movies on 1 dvdr backup handy,
please look (in ifoedit) at one of the movie’s ifo files…
At the VTS_PGCITI click the plus sign, then the
VTS_PGC_1, scroll down in the bottom screen until you
reach the PGC command table, and tell me what your last post
command is…[/B]

It reads:

1. Post Command CallSS(VMGM) Call VMG PCG: 8 [Resume Cell 1]

Originally posted by dvdmanDAVE
Do you have a guide outlining what you do? Where is it?
I have the proggies that you reference, but lack the “basic”
knowledge on how best to implement them…

Not a specific guide, just follow my std DVD to DVDR Guide but naturally set the CD size to 1/2 a dvd (I use 2222, its easy to type in !!). In Maestro, load first movie into Movie1, then next into Movie2 and then add the JPG file to Menu1. The Tute explains at the bottom how to do a simple Menu anyway. But in the Connections Tab, you need to set the Target for the end action of the Last Chapter of each Movie to be Menu1: Button1 (or for Movie2, back to Button2)

The files you made with the Menu pic and the VOB files etc, I assumed you made them in Maestro anyway, so set the last chapter at say 85min mark, for any movie longer than that and you set the Target of the end of the last chapter (85min and longer movie) to jump back to the Menu. You also loaded the animated Menu pic as a movie, load it in as Menu instead.

Hope that points you in the right direction.

have 3 movies. can you tell me how do you do to create the menu. have used severall programs but just can’t get it

What form are your “movies” in ? Are they authored VOB sets or just MPEG1/2 files or what? What programs have you tried so far?

i used ifoedit to autoring the movies. the movies hare Dh1 16/9 format with 1 sub in it. I have 3 individual movies want them on 1 dvd with title menu

but i also have the movie/ac3/sub iff you can tell me an autoring program that suports sub files :slight_smile:

DVDLab Pro has subtiles import, they have a free Beta available from thier homesite. Spruce DVD Maestro is the one I use but is no longer available.