How to return to correct firmware

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DVD RECORDER DVD+R RW. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a Liteon LDW 411S drive. a friend of mine was using it and flashed with the wrong firmaware. Is there anyway to return it to the original firmware? The drive was working great before the flash went bad.
(He was trying to get this to burn DL DVD’s. ) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx!:bow:

You can not kill a LDW 411 drive by flashing the wrong firmware.
Which firmware was flashed ?
Can you still see the drive in windows ?
If not, can you boot from a DOS floppy ?

Firmwares for your recorder can be found in post #186 at http://club.cdfreaks.com/f102/liteon-recorder-system-update-firmware-files-150339/index8.html. Note you need to right click desired firmware and select “Save link target as” to download firmware chosen. To flash the firmware:

1. Unzip the zip file and burn the firmware file to CD-R as a DATA CD & Finalize it.
  2. Place CD-R in your DVD Recorder, an upgrade message will appear, select OK.
  3. After upgrade is complete, the Tray will eject the CD-R, remove the CD-R.
  4. Power OFF the DVD Recorder, then power it back ON.
  5. In the Setup menu of the unit, look for “Restore” and select it. (unit will do another system restore)

Hi,[QUOTE=bevills1;2270030]Firmwares for your recorder can be found…[/QUOTE]Erhm - this is apparently not about some standalone home entertainment recorder, but about an old DVD burner for computers;)

I have no idea why the user decided to put the standalone recorder into the “This thread is about…” entry :confused:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2270064]Hi,Erhm - this is apparently not about some standalone home entertainment recorder, but about an old DVD burner for computers;)

I have no idea why the user decided to put the standalone recorder into the “This thread is about…” entry :confused:[/QUOTE]

The link the original op posted for the specs points to a standalone dvd recorder ,…
Can see where confusion lies ,is it a 411s or a standalone ,perhaps the op can enlighten us a little more.