How to retrieve a CD Session?

Hi,

I stupidly did not check my options in Nero Burning Rom, and created a second session on a CDR. Nero warned me that I would not be able to see the first session again if I proceeded, but like the idiot I am, I went ahead.

So now I can only see the two files that I added in the second session, yet the disc has over 450 mb on it. Does anyone know of free utility that will enable me to recover the lost first session? I know that the CDR is wasted now, but if I could at least copy the files from the first session to my hard disk, it would enable me to then burn a new CDR.

Thanks guys.

Dave

Welcome to the CDFreaks Forum, the first thing to do you can finalized the CD-R disc to see if you can see both sessions files now.

Thanks, but I did that, and can only see the second session.

Hi,

try Isobuster to retrieve the data from the disc.

Michael

Thanks! Isobuster works! It only retrieves the DOS file names, so I will have some work to do, but at least I have the files back. Thanks very much for your help. :clap:

IsoBuster will retreive the filenames in the filsystem you choose on the disc. If there’s a Joliet filesystem you can just choose that and you’ll get the long filenames.

Here’s an example of a disc (image) with three filesystems, with the Joliet filesystem chosen:

Thanks for that info. I did not notice that each session has two sections, and I had extracted from the ISO one - hence the short names. I have just rerun the extract from the Joliet section, and I have the long file names now.

Thanks very much guys. I really appreciate your assistance.

Have a good Easter! :clap:

Glad to help! :slight_smile:

Have a good Easter! :clap:
You too. :iagree: