How to remove commentary track in AVI.NET?

vbimport

Hello guys, totally new here. I have a query for you all: how do I remove a commentary track in AVI.NET? I realize that when after I had converted a VOB file into avi via AVI.NET, the director’s commentary is included in the avi file and I have no idea how to get rid of it if I were to convert the VOB file again. Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

I am not familiar with your vob --> avi conversion program, but can’t you delete the commentary from the original dvd?

If you have the complete dvd already on the hard drive you can open it with DVDShrink, then select the audio streams that you want included, then hit Backup. Don’t use any compression in this backup.

This should give you a complete copy of the dvd minus the commentary audio stream (assuming you deselected it). You can now import this copy into your conversion program.

You can also do this from the original disk (assuming it doesn’t have an advanced protection that Shrink can’t handle on its own). You can do the same process from the original disk using DVDFab HD Decrypter using the Main Movie backup option, and selecting only those audio streams you want. DVDFab HD Decrypter is still being updated and will handle newer protection schemes if you run into one.

Thanks for your reply, Kerry56. However, I should have mentioned earlier that I use DVDecrypter to rip the DVD; my bad. What options should I go to in order to get rid of the commentary track? I’m really quite lost and new to this DVD ripping/converting so any advice will be much appreciated.

Once again, thanks for replying!

Since you already have the dvd on the hard drive, I would use DVDShrink to work with those files. You can download DVDShrink, which is free, from www.mrbass.org

Start Shrink, hit Open Files and navigate to where you put the files on your hard drive. Let Shrink analyze the files and you will see a list of audio and video on the right side. The directors commentary should be listed as a separate stream. You can deselect it here and change the compression settings from Automatic to No Compression. Hit Backup (ignore the warning about compression settings) and you’ll get a a copy without the commentary included.

If you just want the main movie, go to ReAuthor, take the main title and drag it to the left side of the screen. Hit Compression Settings and you’ll then see a list of included audio and subtitle streams. Deselect the ones you don’t want, change compression to No Compression and hit Backup.

Now, that’s the way to do it with Shrink. You’ll have a copy on the hard drive without commentary that you can import to your conversion program.

You might want to learn how to use DVDFab HD Decrypter though. Since it is still being updated for newer protection schemes, it can decrypt from the dvd and put the copy onto the hard drive, and allow you to select which parts you want included. http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

To use it and select streams, open the program, hit Main Movie and select which parts you want included on the copy going to the hard drive. Let it decrypt and rip…and you’re good to go into your conversion program.

Be aware that DVDFab has changed the way they do things. You used to be able to download just the decryption/ripping part of the program. Nowadays you have to download the entire program, and as you use the free section (DVDFab HD Decrypter) you are using up the 30 day trial of the main program. After the 30 days, the free section will still work, but the extra options of the paid version will not.

Thank you for your detailed reply! I’ll try your advice. Thanks again!