How to recover/recreate System Volume Information files?

On 1 system running Windows 2000 SP4 both master and slave drives have files in the System Volume Information folder on the last logical drive in the extended DOS partition while a second system running same OS has files in the System Volume Information folder on the last logical drive in the extended DOS partition for slave drive, but that folder is empty for master drive. This results in periodic loss of that last logical drive with the empty System Volume Information folder. System Volume Information folders for other 3 drives that contain files have a _restore{6998FACF-DB29-45E8-99F9-14BEB245B57F} folder plus a tracking file and a MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase file within their System Volume Information folders. These files and folders within the System Volume Information folders probably need to be recreated, but I’ve no idea how to do that. I’d have thought the complete repartition, reformat of all partitions on this drive and fresh Windows install done would have created all necessary files and folders in the System Volume Information folder, but apparently it did not. All web searches have found nothing relating to this problem that I can find. Has anyone else experienced this problem or know how to fix it?