How to record with a convertor box?

vbimport

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and I am new owner with a Panasonic DMR-EZ48VK. So far, it seems to be work fine. When it is hooked up to my antenna television’s RF cable but I have tried every configuration which my convertor box without any success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

When you mention a converter box are you referring to one provided by a cable provider or a CECB for use with an antenna?

If you are referring to a CECB, that converter box is unneccesary as the DMR-EZ48 has a built-in ATSC tuner for antenna reception. Attach the antenna RF cable to the DMR-EZ48 RF input and run an “antenna” channel scan in the setup menu.

If you are referring to a cable company converter box the DMR-EZ48 clear QAM tuner is not used, it will be bypassed. The RF coax cable feed from the wall goes to the cable company converter box RF input. Then you must decide which converter box output will feed the signal to the DMR-EZ48. Here are your options:

1-Cable converter box RF output to DMR-EZ48 RF input. The DMR-EZ48 will receive this signal on analog channel 3 (or 4). With this method of connection a DMR-EZ48 channel scan will find one channel, analog channel 3 (or 4).

2-Cable converter box composite outputs, yellow for video plus white/red for audio, to DMR-EZ48 composite inputs. The DMR-EZ48 will receive this signal on LINE 1 (for rear connection) or LINE 2 (for front connection). With this method of connection a DMR-EZ48 channel scan will not find any channels as there are no channels. The signal arrives at the DMR-EZ48 through a line input.

3-Cable converter box S-Video output, round cable with several pins for video plus white/red for audio, to DMR-EZ48 S-Video input plus white/red audio inputs. The DMR-EZ48 will receive this signal on LINE 1 (for rear connection) or LINE 2 (for front connection). With this method of connection a DMR-EZ48 channel scan will not find any channels as there are no channels. The signal arrives at the DMR-EZ48 through a line input.

When setting up a SCHEDULE timer recording be sure to select the correct input, channel 3 (or 4), IN1 (or LINE 1) or IN2 (or LINE 2) as the signal source. Remember to tune the cable converter box to the channel you wish to record before the SCHEDULE timer recording begins. The DMR-EZ48 must be powered off before the SCHEDULE timer recording begins.

VoxHumana, that was a very helpful and complete set of instructions. I have an EZ48 and was about to answer the Qs, but you covered everything. Well done.