How to recognize, copy and/or rip protected audio music CD?

vbimport
bettertitle

hi

i tried evey software
and i have to say EASY CD EXTRACTOR (read mode REPAIR )
Is able to copy every audio protections and rips every tracks

I think i have bumped into a new copyprotection, or maybe i havent.

Well, i bought a new cd by Teddybears STHLM today, its a sony release.

The front has a label with that nice black roundish thing that means that the cd is copy protected. And it also says “Copy protected & pre-ripped for pc”

The back label have a couple of names on it, OpenMG (the format that they have “ripped” the tracks in (dont like it)). EnhancedCd, watever that means and another logo that reminds me of the macromedia logo.

Anyway, i have tried a few programs to rip it (EAC and CDex) no one worked. Also tried to clone it after i had scanned for copy protections. didnt work, the end result was a backup that sounded like someone had scratched it realy much.

No of the tools i used for identifying the protection worked :frowning: (not for me anyway)

i have this nice link that i got with the cd http://www.copycontrolhelp.com/

Anyone who have stumbled across something like this, or have any tips or tricks.

Oh and the drives i have used are these
Samsung cd-r/rw sw252f
Pioneer dvdrom dvd-106

:iagree:

wooohooo i got it. I used the latest version (7.0) of cd-da extractor and it seems to have worked, havent checked all tracks yet but so far so good.

Originally posted by Combatsanta
[B]I think i have bumped into a new copyprotection, or maybe i havent.

Well, i bought a new cd by Teddybears STHLM today, its a sony release.

The front has a label with that nice black roundish thing that means that the cd is copy protected. And it also says “Copy protected & pre-ripped for pc”

The back label have a couple of names on it, OpenMG (the format that they have “ripped” the tracks in (dont like it)). EnhancedCd, watever that means and another logo that reminds me of the macromedia logo.

Anyway, i have tried a few programs to rip it (EAC and CDex) no one worked. Also tried to clone it after i had scanned for copy protections. didnt work, the end result was a backup that sounded like someone had scratched it realy much.

No of the tools i used for identifying the protection worked :frowning: (not for me anyway)

i have this nice link that i got with the cd http://www.copycontrolhelp.com/

Anyone who have stumbled across something like this, or have any tips or tricks.

Oh and the drives i have used are these
Samsung cd-r/rw sw252f
Pioneer dvdrom dvd-106

:iagree: [/B]

Usually I don’t really check if any copy-protection is on a CD, but as it says everywhere u can’t play em on a Mac. I tried em on all 3 of my Macs. It just mounts the data partition and the music partition.
The readme even tells u can’t put it on a iPod.
It can copy to the machine without problem in acc and mp3, and I can copy the Audio partition as audio cd directly which automaticly removes the data partition (and the protection) which makes it so u can play it on all other machines (also pc) and copy it (also on a pc).

Can’t find any protection here.

I tested it on 3 diffrent mac.
All running Mac OSX 10.3

I think the text is to scare off ppl.

The protection is that the music partition is not mounted, so only thing u would need on windows is a app that can mount partitions normally not found (like I used todo for hybrid cd’s in the early cd days on classic Mac systems). Mac OSX just mounts anything it can read.

This is the Anastacia CD and DVD (just a normal DVD).
Same text on it as in the quote. Enhached CD is officially a technolagy by apple to put track names on the CD as data (there are cd players which support this still). But I don’t know if this is what sony means with enhached. And yes that is the macromedia logo, there seems to be a macromedia movie/local site. Lots of pics on it from the cd and stuff, don’t feel like checking rest on the data, but found that the xml index files has the mime of every file (all extentions of files are .000).

I think that cd-da extractor just looks at the music partition.

Sry, but this is not what I call copyprotection. If I didn’t read it, I wouldn’t have known, it was there.

cactus i think is the only one that you have to use your record from your cd player to your sound card to copy, can anybody confirm this, it would be nice to know how to make a digital copy without using cd player and sound card. all the copying programs just get a read error message at the beggining, clonecd/bw/alc120% :frowning:

i think what you are trying to do is RIP the CD ( you mentioned your cd player) , not copy.

i am not sure about copying , but it is definiately possible to rip the CD using EAC or some other softwares.

the error message you got from the 3 softwares are probably related to drive problems, or i have also heard that Cactus somehow alters the TOC or something like that.

but in the past , i was able to obtain an image of cactus protected CD with
CloneCD without encountering any problems. (i used Sony CDU-5221)

also, making the software to read the CD with a lower speed often helps.

Anyone had any success in ripping a new CDS-300 protected CD? If so, how?

I haven’t seen any beta copies yet, but I have some sources who said the copies they tested were basically the same as Sony’s CP.

It’s basically CDS-200 w/ software protection added on Session 2 all are based on MediaMax.

CDS-300 doesn’t add extra errors or anything since 200 pushed the C2 errors to the max, MacroVision’s press releases (like anyones) make it out to be more than what it is. If your drive can copy CDS-200 then it can 300 as long as you hold the “Shift” key down.

I’m using a Liteon LTR 48246S and tried to make an ISO Image of “Another Day” by Lene Marlin using Roxio Creator 6. It’s a Virgin Norway CD and is copy controlled. Basically, the CD Drive does not read any disk anymore, even after updating the Firmare on the drive

I got this thread up while researching in vain for most of yesterday for a method to encode my fresh from the shop copy of Welcome to the North by The Music (freedb page: http://www.freedb.org/freedb_search_fmt.php?cat=rock&id=ad10130d)

it opens a wmmp.exe to play the files, and says 128k stereo, so its got wma files on there somewhere.
Ripping one of the tracks using EAC (after trying to copy/rip it with clone, alcohol, and windows media player-resulting in clicks every 10 seconds or so, or even completely garbled.) took 30 mins and gave me the message There Were Errors. It could show me where the errors were and try to repair, but not exactly useful when some of the clicks and gaps were too big to repair.

This computer is pretty old, and only has an 8 speed Ricoh rewriter. Clony finds None or Unknown, but from the symptoms I think its cactus.

After no successful playing without the player.exe. I opened Nero used Save Tracks to list them and clicked play on the same track, expecting a click at 10 seconds, I waited for half the track to go by with no clicks, set it to copy using analogue, and 11 lames later, I’m the proud owner of an mp3 copy of the album (which I’m going to have to ID3 myself) which I’m playing loud

As its the only copy protected cd I have, I can’t test nero for any other cds, but I thought it may be of interest to somebody.

I swear, I was tempting to run off 100 copies and set up a stall outside my house to get the record companies back for making it such a pain in the arse to listen to music I own on my own mp3 player.

Its a pisstake.

Yeah! These record companies can go !*#$ themselves for doing this with music one owns!!! :a

Just a quick note, I’ve had no problem whatsoever using iTunes (available free at http://www.iTunes.com) to rip and burn multiple backup copies of several copy controlled discs, including the UK editions of “Kylie Minogue - Ultimate Kylie”, “Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin”, “Michelle Branch - Are You Happy Now (Single)”, and “Melanie C - Yeh Yeh Yeh (Single)”. I am from the US, but I often purchase CDs from Amazon.co.uk because the European versions of these albums often have additional tracks to their US counterparts. I hope this can be of help to you.

ClonyXXL delivers one Skull on my U2 - POP CD but it doesn’t tell me what the protection is. Many words on menu tabs are in German even though I’ve selected English as the language.

Thanks

just use cdrwin DOH or go to http://www.cdmediaworld.com or http://www.gamecopyworld.com

cdrwin is one of the many ways of copying audio cds that normal cd rippers wont let you rip.

ok I am totally stumped. Tried everything under the sun for 2 weeks now to make a backup of, of all things a Jesica Simpson disc In this Skin, (yes I know, this is my little girls disc and as we all know will get destroyed in no time). Anyone ever dealt with this new Sony/Bmg stuff? The disc plays fine in a stand alone cd player, but has popping and crackling on the computer reader. the times I have been able to rip them from the disc also have the popping and crackling. Any thing that can be done to back this nightmare up?
I just tried that cdrwin, latest edition also, no dice, nero, ISO buster, Alcohol 120%, Anydvd, Clone cd, Windows media player, etc… IS this some new kind of protection? Tried using protection detection software also to find what it uses, but it doesnt find anything as all the software I ahve located is old it seems.
thanks for any info on this

ok I was able to get songs 2-14 off the disc using my liteon 812 burner instead of the 167 using CDRwin, but song #1 still will not go, as it finds errors at points 108 - 018414 and then again later on in the song. Any way to get this last nagging song off of here? since it is a dual sided disc (one side is all music and the other is DVD stuff) is there a way to get the remaining song off of the DVD side as it says all songs are on there in 5.1 sound?

The solution for Sony BMG CDs is the following:

Step 1:

Boycott Sony BMG CDs

Step 2:

Rip with the included software

Step 3:

Burn with Nero or equivilant (DO NOT USE WMP OR WINDOWS)

Step 4:

Rip with program of choice

Please pass this information along. This should not violate any copyright laws because this is only creating a legal backup of the CD and the music that you purchased. So long as you don’t send this out to file sharing you should be OK. This solution is meant only to legally put your music onto your music player of choice, not to pirate music.

How do I use the ‘manually detect TOC’ in EAC? I can’t seem to locate this feature…

I have spent HOURS and HOURS looking for a way to get streaming audio and Netlibrary books and files with Digital Rights Management onto my ipod. I never found anything “FREE” worth using… Here is a link to a $49 product Replay Radio http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1796560-10291934 that really works… It is like TiVo for ANY streaming media or digital audio (including WMA-DRM) you want to add to turn into wma or AAC your ipod, or other music player. Also works to capture sound from cassette tape or records. This product won PC magazine’s editor’s choice award for recording crystal clear audio on a PC. Save time and money with software that is intuitive and works right the first time!

Thats because this feature was taken out of the newest version, you need to get an older version, b3 not b4.