How to push your SSD to the Limits

vbimport

This ‘How To’ Thread accompanies the article ‘Push your SSD to the Limits’, which can be found by clicking here.

It provides a guide to applying each of the ‘boost factors’, mentioned in the article.

Please make sure you read the main article before you proceed as some of the more extreme tips here are NOT suitable for normal everyday use.

Contents in subsequent posts includes:

Post 2 – Engaging the Windows High Performance Plan
Post 3 – Installing Intel RST 11.6.0.1030
Post 4 – CPU Over Clock
Post 5 – Disabling C1E
Post 6 – Disabling all C States and EIST
Post 7 – Disabling Non-essential Onboard Devices
Post 8 – Disabling Non-essential Windows Services

Where screenshots of UEFI/BIOS screens are included below they are from my Asus P8Z77 WS motherboard and although they may not be the same if you have a different motherboard I hope they will help you to locate where to find the BIOS settings to be set.

Please post your AS SSD benchmarks in the AS SSD Scores thread here.

Start Control panel; then Click ‘Hardware & Sound’; then click ‘Power Options’

You will see this screen –

If you have not previously changed your power plan it will be set to the default ‘Balanced’ plan as can be seen here.

If the ‘High Performance’ power plan is not appearing (as it isn’t in the screenshot above then click the down arrow to ‘Show additional plans’)

You will then see this screen –

Click the High performance plan and exit control panel. The High performance plan is now engaged

The Intel 11.6 driver can be downloaded by clicking here.

You will see this download screen –

Click on the download button for the ‘iata.enu.exe’ file (third in the list).

When the file has downloaded double click the iata.enu.exe file and the driver will be installed.

You will be asked to reboot to complete the installation.

I present below screenshots of the UEFI/BIOS AI Tweaker Screen showing the settings I used to achieve an OC of 4900MHz. Please note that the CPU Voltage setting required may well vary from one CPU and rig, to another.

For those of you that would prefer to try a somewhat less ambitious, but much safer overclock, that can be used on a day to day basis, please click here for an ‘Easy Overclocking’ guide.

As stated in the accompanying article - overclocking is entirely at your own risk.

[I]

[/I]

With my Asus P8Z77 WS motherboard this is achieved in the Advanced > CPU Configuration > CPU Power Management section of the UEFI/BIOS, as follows -

With my Asus P8Z77 WS motherboard this is also achieved in the Advanced > CPU Configuration > CPU Power Management section of the UEFI/BIOS, as follows -

With my Asus P8Z77 WS motherboard this is achieved in the Advanced > Onboard Devices Configuration section of the UEFI/BIOS, as follows -

As is already stated in the accompanying article, [B]we do not suggest that anyone should start disabling windows services in their day to day production system[/B]. For those of you that do wish to try taking this step [B]we recommend you backup up your production system image first and then and only then specifically create an image you can use for benching[/B].

Please visit Black Viper’s web site by clicking here.

You will see this screen –

Follow Black Viper’s guide to disable non-essential Windows services.

To alter the status of services run ‘services.msc’

I follow the guidelines in the ‘bare bones’ column, which you’ll see in the column furthest to the right when you scroll down the page on the previous link to Black Viper’s website –

Thank you for the INFO but where can I find the ASUS UEFI/BIOS ?

can I download it ?

thanks

Hi speer,

Could you state the make and model of your motherboard? UEFI is a the new type of BIOS used on recent motherboards, and we can help you find out if your board is one that uses UEFI.

Regards,

[QUOTE=speer;2713076]Thank you for the INFO but where can I find the ASUS UEFI/BIOS ?

can I download it ?

thanks[/QUOTE]
When your computer is booting , as soon as you hit the Power button, keep pressing the “delete” button , tapping it evry second until the screen appears.

Motherboard is AUSUS

M5A78L LE Socket AM3+

if you need more info please let me know

many thanks

Then you cannot use UEFI BIOS on your board. Follow the instructions Alan gave you in the post above your last one, and you will find the settings you need there.

Regards,

Hitting the delete key will get me in the Bios and then what do I need to do ??
I would Like to also say that I have posted here about tweaking my cpu but no one has answered me

Here is the Link can you please help on this subject

Many thanks

[QUOTE=speer;2713117]Hitting the delete key will get me in the Bios and then what do I need to do ??
I would Like to also say that I have posted here about tweaking my cpu but no one has answered me

Here is the Link can you please help on this subject

Many thanks[/QUOTE]

May I ask, why would you want to do this? Are you dissatisfied with your PCs performance? I am not very familiar with AMD processors, but I would think at 3.6ghz you would be getting peak performance without overheating your CPU.

Yes i am at 3.6ghz but not the right way i went to the bios and just kliked here and there but it is not set up correctly … this is why when i restart windows it hangs for a minutes or so and windows is on a SSD

thank you

[QUOTE=speer;2713150]Yes i am at 3.6ghz but not the right way i went to the bios and just kliked here and there but it is not set up correctly … this is why when i restart windows it hangs for a minutes or so and windows is on a SSD

thank you[/QUOTE]

To be honest I would love to help you but I am not at all familiar with AMD BIOS, can you take some screenshots of the Tweaker section of the BIOS, I believe with the newer Motherboards you can take a screenshot with the Printscreen button on your keyboard, then we can see what we have to do.

i think i still have PIC on my imageshake hold on

this is my pc and i would like a better cpu fan