How to Prevent Movies from starting every time Windows Reboots

vbimport

How do you prevent movies from automatically playing every time the computer is restarted?

I recently installed AnyDVD w/ the HD package on my HTPC. I use PowerDVD Ultra to play my movies including HD DVD and Bluray. It’s my first HTPC and I am doing a lot of reboots. Everytime the computer starts, AnyDVD scans the drives and PowerDVD will then automatically start any movies. If I remove AnyDVD from startup, then the problem no longer occurs but because this is an HTPC it would be nice to leave it running all of the time.

Thanks for your help.

[QUOTE=clowndog;2042905]How do you prevent movies from automatically playing every time the computer is restarted?

I recently installed AnyDVD w/ the HD package on my HTPC. I use PowerDVD Ultra to play my movies including HD DVD and Bluray. It’s my first HTPC and I am doing a lot of reboots. Everytime the computer starts, AnyDVD scans the drives and PowerDVD will then automatically start any movies. If I remove AnyDVD from startup, then the problem no longer occurs but because this is an HTPC it would be nice to leave it running all of the time.

Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

Your giving alot of vague information to be of much help>?? Be more specific on your software version and O/S and hardware and software setups???

I’m running Windows Vista Ultimate on C2D E6600 w/ 2GB of RAM, a Palit 9600GT Sonic 1GB (latest drivers), a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, a 500GB HD, a LG GGC-H20L (HD/DVD and Bluray playing Optical drive) and a Samsung 20x CD/DVD-R/RW.

I have installed AnyDVD, AnyDVD HD package, CloneDVD, CloneDVDMobile, Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 7 w/ HD package,the latest Vista Codecs, Nero 8 Ultra, Firefox w/ extensions, Apple Itunes and Office 2003.

Originally, I let AnyDVD install itself in my systray so it could automatically work its magic when I load up a movie. I assumed it would do its thing when I was ready to watch the movie or wanted to pull the contents from my collection onto my harddrive. However, I find that it will automatically scan any disc after I insert it or turn on the computer and then the movie starts in PowerDVD. Basically, I see a pop up from the fox icon in the systray that says it is scanning the disc and then cyberlink opens and starts to load the movie. It’s great if you are sitting down to watch a movie but when you are updating and installing software it tends to bog down the process to have that automatically done.

I don’t know if PowerDVD or AnyDVD is the troublemaker but when I went into AnyDVD’s settings and told it not to load at startup, I no longer had a movie start every time the computer is turned on. So I felt like AnyDVD’s disc scan prompted PowerDVD to start the movie. I like the idea of having AnyDVD on in the background but would like it to stay quiet until I try to access the disc (pull the contents to my harddrive or select play from PowerDVD). Right now I am starting AnyDVD any time I want to access a movie disc and waiting for PowerDVD to start the movie.

The automatic start will really become an issue as I start loading my entire movie collection onto the harddrive. I either have to shut down and start AnyDVD everytime I change discs or wait for it to scan and start the movie, shut down PowerDVD, and then explore the disc and move it to my harddrive.

I hope that makes a little more sense. Thanks.

[U]AnyDVD[/U] will always scan the disc right when you put it in. If you don’t want [U]AnyDVD[/U] doing this when you boot your system then, honestly, remove discs before rebooting or booting.

To get [U]PowerDVD[/U] to not automatically play discs make sure in the settings that it doesn’t autoplay inserted discs. There is a setting in [U]PowerDVD[/U] 8 to start [U]PowerDVD[/U] when [U]Windows[/U] starts and another setting to automatically play a disc when it’s inserted. These settings likely also exist in [U]PowerDVD[/U] 7 and prior versions.

My advice is to B[/B] not leave discs in your drive(s) and B[/B] disable PowerDVD from starting with Windows and from automatically playing inserted discs.

for vista

run
settings
control panel : classic view
default programs
change auto play settings
in all the drop down windows set to "TAKE NO ACTION"
you will see power dvd already set as default for most
save and reboot

get Hijack this(google search, is free)
do system scan
turn off all unnecessary bootup progs
powerdvd will have 2-3 booting up unnecessarily

run
settings
control panel : classic view
administrative tools
services
Cyberlink Richvideo change to manual from auto

to stop movies auto starting just kill the PDservice.exe from starting on windows bootup.