How to post a scan

vbimport

I have been into copying for a couple of years, but have never posted a scan, I would to give it a try, as I am getting a Benq 1620 I bought on E-bay and would like to post a scan to get some opinions. Problem is I have no idea as how to go about it. I’m sure it’s some kind of cut/paste. Would someone be good enough to post me back and tell me what the procedure is?
T.I.A.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2021131]I have been into copying for a couple of years, but have never posted a scan, I would to give it a try, as I am getting a Benq 1620 I bought on E-bay and would like to post a scan to get some opinions. Problem is I have no idea as how to go about it. I’m sure it’s some kind of cut/paste. Would someone be good enough to post me back and tell me what the procedure is?
T.I.A.[/QUOTE]Here you go > http://club.cdfreaks.com/788654-post1.html Enjoy your 1620. I still have one.

[QUOTE=Bob;2021155]Here you go > http://club.cdfreaks.com/788654-post1.html Enjoy your 1620. I still have one.[/QUOTE]
Thank Bob, looks simple enough.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2021223]Thank Bob, looks simple enough.[/QUOTE]Your welcome and it is simple :iagree:

Do you have broadband internez?

[QUOTE=Bob;2021228]Your welcome and it is simple :iagree:

Do you have broadband internez?[/QUOTE]
Thanks again Bob, I spoke too soon, I saved the burn, but I’m a little fuzzy after that, i.e. Click on the Management Attachment button below the text entrybox and follow the on-screen instructions. I don’t know what that means, and yes I have broadband.
T.I.A.

You save your .png file to say…your desktop and then upload it. Browse to your file on the desktop of course then upload it.

Does this help?

Hi :slight_smile:
After saving file as a .png file. Do the following.
After you click on Manage attachments.
Click on Browse & locate the file concerned.
Then click on upload.
It tells you if it was successful.
Then carry on as normal.
See attached:

[QUOTE=zebadee;2021285]Hi :slight_smile:
After saving file as a .png file. Do the following.
After you click on Manage attachments.
Click on Browse & locate the file concerned.
Then click on upload.
It tells you if it was successful.
Then carry on as normal.
See attached:[/QUOTE]
Please bear with me , I must have a mental block, but I
’;m not getting where this Manage Attachment is located. I do have the saved .png file, but I don’t see the M.A. option.
T.I.A.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2021314]Please bear with me , I must have a mental block, but I
’;m not getting where this Manage Attachment is located. I do have the saved .png file, but I don’t see the M.A. option.
T.I.A.[/QUOTE]You need to click on Go Advanced :slight_smile:

As Bob says click on Go Advanced instead of Post Quick Reply.
Scroll down & you’ll see a section called Additional Options.
You’ll find the Manage Attachments button there.
Then follow the previous post of mine.

Here is a download of a scan

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2021387]Here is a download of a scan[/QUOTE]
Gent’s thanks for your patience, think I’ve got down the basics.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2021389]Gent’s thanks for your patience, think I’ve got down the basics.As an aside, how does this scan rate?/QUOTE]

Again

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2021389]Gent’s thanks for your patience, think I’ve got down the basics.As an aside, how does this scan rate?[/QUOTE]Use .png file extension. As far as reading the scans. Lower is always better. Also click on the Advanced button and look to see if Jitter is checked.

Scan with your BenQ at 8x also if you want to.

Those burns are ok. Nothing great.

[QUOTE=Bob;2021511]Use .png file extension. As far as reading the scans. Lower is always better. Also click on the Advanced button and look to see if Jitter is checked.

Scan with your BenQ at 8x also if you want to.

Those burns are ok. Nothing great.[/QUOTE]
I’ll change to 8x when I get the Benq, the jitter option is checked, yet it does’t appear in the results. Do some scanners not have a jitter test?

No some earlier Lite-Ons do not support Jitter checks.
Also the Lite-On’s that do.
Will do the Jitter scan seperately, after the main scan is complete.
Genuine *BenQ’s do it all at once.
*Up to & including the 1655/1650.

[QUOTE=zebadee;2021692]Hi :slight_smile:
No some earlier Lite-Ons do not support Jitter checks.
Also the Lite-On’s that do.
Will do the Jitter scan seperately, after the main scan is complete.
Genuine *BenQ’s do it all at once.
*Up to & including the 1655/1650.[/QUOTE]
I have a Lite-on DH20AP also, should’nt that model do the jitter test? Your right, I ran a scan with a Benq 1655, and ran all tests at once.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2021760]I have a Lite-on DH20AP also, should’nt that model do the jitter test? Your right, I ran a scan with a Benq 1655, and ran all tests at once.[/QUOTE]

Not a avid devotee of the Lite-On, but do have the LH20A1§(S).
Both theses drives will scan Jitter. (So would have thought your DH would do so too).
Albeit with problems with DL. Can’t quite cope with layerbreak. Unlike BenQ. :cool:

Hi durkinjt,

You’re looking at the wrong Jitter tickbox, it’s the one under the Advanced button that you need to check (both your Lite-On’s will do Jitter scans).

Also, keep the CDSpeed window size at max. 760 pixels wide, so it won’t get resized and converted to jpg when posting. This will give a sharper image on the forum.