How to play AVI in DVD player without DVD burner?

vbimport

hi

i have download from the internet an AVI movie into my computer … i would like to no please how can i watch my AVI movie into my home DVD player with out having a dvd burner ??? can i convert my AVI movie into another format and download it in a blank cd rom and play it in my home dvd player ??? if their is a programr that i can download please can u send me the programe into my email pleasE: … and tell me how to use this programe that u are going to send me by email in attachments please …

please remove the email its not wise to post it to the public,you might get trojans or tons of spam which will make you just dump that one and get new email address

now for answer , the only way to do so is to convert it to mpeg1 (vcd) or mpeg2 (svcd) but your dvd player must support both of em or at least one svcd is better however youll lose quality when youll convert it alot of quality especially in the audio the avi file likely have ac3 5.1 audio and in vcd/svcd i believe its nothing more then 2 channels stereo so basicly it can be done however the quality loss isnt worth it its better to buy a divx/xvid dvd player

ok if i ca n do it ca nu please tell me how i can dot it ? please … if their is programe that i sohuld download can u please send me the programe by email please and tell me how to use it ???

read the first 2 lines of my previous reply,anyway try those
http://www.mp3towav.org/xvid-to-svcd.asp

if you go here you will find a lot of guides that will help you do what you want.
You should download a program that will convert .avis to .mpgs., and then burn it as a vcd or svcd. You should be able to find something free.
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

The best thing you can do to watch .avi video formats, also know as divx, on your tv instead of your monitor is to purchase a dvd player that supports divx play back, preferably one with a usb port on it. Then all you would have to do is copy your video to a flash drive and plug it into the dvd player. Plus you can burn videos to a dvd with out converting them and they will also play on that dvd player. You can fit a ton more divx movies on a dvd-r then uncompressed vob files, which are the format that most dvd players recognize.

oh, and you can purchase these dvd players at almost any electronic store, price ranging from 60 dollars and up. just look for the divx sign.

Download (free):
AVStoDVD
It will convert your files to MPEG 2 format (creating .vob files/containers) & author them (creatimg .ifo & .bup files) that your standard DVD player will need for playback.
It can even generate a basic menu if you want.

[QUOTE=chosenfew777;2468953]Download (free):
AVStoDVD
It will convert your files to MPEG 2 format (creating .vob files/containers) & author them (creatimg .ifo & .bup files) that your standard DVD player will need for playback.
It can even generate a basic menu if you want.[/QUOTE]
My apologies.
Please disregard.