How to play audio in slow-motion?

vbimport

I have heard about software that would make it possible to play an audio-CD at lower speed without changes in pitch (normally, the lower the speed at which you play an audio-file, the lower the pitch). I even have tried such software, but didn’t bookmark it. And now I’d be happy to find it again.
Who can help me ?

Originally posted by Joe4all
I have heard about software that would make it possible to play an audio-CD at lower speed without changes in pitch

1. Sonic Forge 6.0 :

Time Stretch

The Time Stretch effect allows you to alter the length of a signal without changing its pitch.

What do you want to do?
Change the length of a sound

Open the Sonic Foundry Time Stretch dialog.

Choose a preset from the Name drop-down list, or adjust the controls as desired:

a. Choose a Mode from the drop-down list.

Time Stretch provides 19 different modes that are designed to maintain the highest quality for specific types of material.
A mode that works great for drums will not work as well for string pads, for example.

You should be able to achieve excellent results for ratios between 75% and 115%. Beyond this range, you will start to hear artifacts such as echoes, flanging, or drop-outs.
Also, running the process a number of times using small increments (such as 105%) will create different effects than processing all at once with a large time change.

b. Drag the Final Percentage slider to change the length of the selection.

1. Nero Wave Editor :

Time correction

An audio file can be shortened or extended by means of time correction.
When sampling files that are made up of loops, time correction is particularly important -
in order that all the audio elements have the same length.
The undesired side-effects caused by time correction can be remedied selectively, depending on the audio element.

1. Open the desired file.
  2. Select the ‘Time Correction’ command in the ‘Tools’ menu.
  3. Set the correction factor – either by entering a number or by turning the knob.
  4. Choose the appropriate optimizing method by clicking on the dropdown
    button and highlighting the desired list box field.
    Click on the button to play back the audio file with the changes stated. This
    allows you to check straightaway that you are happy with the results.
  5. Click on the ‘OK’ button to take over the changes.

Hopefully this helps. :wink:

Maybe it only works with mp3/wav and other stuff, but there’s an ultra-simple Winamp 2 plugin called PaceMaker that does that stuff. Ever since 33/45 vinyls, it’s been fun to screw around with tempo, pitch, and speed controls.

Originally posted by Farad
Ever since 33/45 vinyls, it’s been fun to screw around with tempo, pitch, and speed controls.
Which we used to do in childhood.