How to optimize PC startup?

My system takes very long time to start up and shutdown. It’s very annoying for me. Plz suggest some software to manage and optimize start up?

Tell us what OS you are using and give some hardware specs as well.
You can do some reading at the link below:

[QUOTE=Whappo;2155071]Tell us what OS you are using and give some hardware specs as well.
You can do some reading at the link below:

http://tweakhound.com/[/QUOTE]

Also what kinda software do you have installed cause it could be related to software install that is loading that is taking resources that it shouldn’t load. And your Rig specs does affect startup and shutdown process.

The easiest thing to do is to open Start > Run > type “msconfig”, and select the Startup Tab.

This is a list of all the software that is currently starting up with your system. Look through the list and remove anything you know you do not need starting up. Note: removing anything from this list will not remove that application from your computer. You can still open the software by simply clicking on the shortcut for it on the desktop or in the start menu.

Also do not be afraid to “guess and check” you can remove everything from the list and your computer will still boot up, in which case you can re-add anything you really want by simply going back in and re-activating them. The things you should leave on are your anti virus, and your video card drivers. Also most Intel chipsets have a few startup items.

Also, it is important to mention that some applications install a launch shortcut to the “startup” folder. Which may not be listed in msconfig.

The startup folder is in the start menu under programs/all programs depending on what version of Windows you are using.

If something goes wrong, restart your computer and hit F8 after hitting the power button. A black menu with white writing will come up. Select “Last known good configuration”. If that doesn’t work, try Safe Mode (which is on the same black and white menu). In Safe Mode go back into msconfig and re-add anything you removed. However if your computer stops booting after you change anything in the “startup” tab in msconfig, then you have other problems.

DO NOT disable anything under the “services” tab from msconfig. This is a big no-no. If you are interested in changing which services startup with the computer you should do this under Start > Run > type “services.msc”

Services are not like the startup items, if you disable the wrong one(s), your computer could stop booting, even in Safe Mode. So make sure you know what you are doing before you change those.

After you get your Startup entries the way you want, I’d run a defrag, which will not only help boot, but also Window’s speed in general.

To get out of Selective Startup :
http://www.get-in-control.com/msconfig-cleanup/
Free

My favorite for managing the Startup Folder (and more):

Free

Hey…Thomas My PC was also giving me same problem last month that u have.
Then one of my friend told me about PC Optimizer Pro and believe me it really works for me. A plus with this software it has various utilities for making our PC fine tuned.

[QUOTE=Derren Wright;2155589]Hey…Thomas My PC was also giving me same problem last month that u have.
Then one of my friend told me about PC Optimizer Pro and believe me it really works for me. A plus with this software it has various utilities for making our PC fine tuned.[/QUOTE]
How much does this software cost ?