How To Obtain Empty 100-Disc Capacity JVC/Taiyo Yuden Cakeboxes?

Greetings,

Recently, I won an auction on eBay for some premium JVC/TY media in 100-pack spindles, but unfortunately, the seller was less than honest in their description, and it turned out that the spindles were all broken and/or damaged in some significant way. I’m currently negotiating with the seller for a partial refund, before I go nuclear and start invoking Buyer Protection and/or doing a chargeback (I paid with Paypal funded by a credit card, so I have two options).

Anyway, the media seems to be OK, but I need to move it into new spindles. Does anyone know where I could specifically obtain some empty JVC/TY 100-capacity cakeboxes?

And before you say it, yes, I know, the cakeboxes don’t have to be JVC/TY-style, that’s just what I would prefer. I paid for JVC/TY media, so I want the whole experience.

Yes, I know I can get regular cakeboxes at Meritline:

http://www.meritline.com/dvd-cd-cake-box-spindle-100-storage---p-20381.aspx

And I know that some people hate JVC/TY cakeboxes and wouldn’t shed a tear over them being damaged:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1260364

I happen to like JVC/TY cakeboxes, and want the media I purchased to be stored in them. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thanks.

How about these? I’ve been meaning to order some, but haven’t gotten around to it. They’re seem to be a close match to TY cake boxes.

[QUOTE=jadburner;2556516]How about these? I’ve been meaning to order some, but haven’t gotten around to it. They’re seem to be a close match to TY cake boxes.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I saw those, and was going to order, but there’s a note that says:

“SP100 until 12/31/2010”

I may have to wait until January for those to be in-stock.

Locate a local duplication house that uses TY media. They will probably give them to you for free, or for very cheap. A lot of them end up throwing out cake boxes because they stack up too high.

I don’t mean to sound pedantic, but why must it be JVC / Taiyo Yuden boxes? I mean a spindle is a spindle, right? I bought a pack of Memorex CD-R’s (admittedly, the spindle itself is pretty poor, flimsy, flexes too much, and requires effort to rescrew onto the base) but at the end of the day, the idea is to store discs, and it does an okay job at that.

I didn’t misread your post, but empty TY/JVC spindles must be heck expensive compared to cheap Memorex ones…

(PS - Memorex are often such bad media, you won’t lose much if you throw out some you may have and reuse their cakebox :wink: )