How to merge 2 dvd copies to 1 dvd

Hi I am a new for the site. Pls can you answer me one question, if you have time.
How can i read from a dvd which i was written in the 2003 year. I have two copies of the disk, but they cant be read. The media is cheap of course, but i have others dvd from the same batch of media which are a read fine.
How can i read the two copies and combine the bits of the information in one copy to generate closer enought data to get as much info i can.
Is the dvd raw reading impossible. If can i get the raw read, i can get my info back.What kind of equipment i need, software and hardware?
I try isobuster it has a function to merge two or more discs, but i need a device to read raw dvd data to go lower, so i can merge lower packs of info. I thing it is possible but i have no info what kind of dvdrw model to look for.
I try different dvdrw and have different results of extrackting files from other discs i have a success there. But on those discs i cant access low enought.
Pls can you help with some info or idea. How to extract the info from two bad copies of old dvd-r media.

This program won’t combine the DVD’s but should read them .
It outputs an .iso . You will need to mount that in a virtual drive like
VirtualCloneDrive.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/IsoPuzzle

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

There are ways to merge two DVD’s but more description of whats on them would help with that ergo are they movies ?

Before trying to merge you need to get any data you can from the DVDs & on a hard drive.

the dvds contain compresses .rar files. I have md5 and crc32 sh1 cheksums of them.
Some dvd contain avi divx files.all in data format. I have 2 copies of dvd.
What is best model dvdrw or dvd-rom for reading. old media

Hi,

2064 raw read won’t help you there.

I think what you need is laser or efm+ bit reading then you can decode and correct using the PI & PO (error correcting codes) with your own custom software.

There is no drive that can give you the efm+ bits unfortunately. Unless you want to hack a NEC:
http://debugmo.de/2007/07/read-your-dvds-the-raw-way/

I think you’re out of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxxxer
Hi I am a new for the site. Pls can you answer me one question, if you have time.
How can i read from a dvd which i was written in the 2003 year. I have two copies of the disk, but they cant be read. The media is cheap of course, but i have others dvd from the same batch of media which are a read fine.
How can i read the two copies and combine the bits of the information in one copy to generate closer enought data to get as much info i can.
Is the dvd raw reading impossible. If i cant get the raw read i cant get my info back.What kind of equipment i need software and hardware?
I try isobuster it has a function to merge two or more discs, but i need a device to read raw dvd data to go lower, so i can merge lower pack of info. I thing it is possible but i have no info what kind of dvdrw model to look for.
I try different dvdrw and have different results of extrackting files from other discs i have a success there. But on those discs i cant access low enought.
Pls can you help with some info or idea. How to extract the info from two bad copies of old dvd-r media.

For truman:
So you told me what i suspect all ready. I saw this article.
Did the file recovery labs have such hardware? Or i must construct myself. I dont know how precious is my data to give so much time to that. I was hopping i can find some hardware and software to do that. Do you have some idea which are
the best dvdrw for reading>?
And if a made a hardware for reading. How can i decode the data if there are scramable cheksum and pakages or write them back to dvd. The info in the net is no so much and hard to find for dvdrw hardware patents and construction. I think i am totally out of luck.
Thanks for the time man.

I saw you tried ISOBuster but did you try ISOPuzzle as I suggested ?

i am in processing with isopuzzle some dvds are reading, but another not

If isopuzzle doesn’t get you a copy You may need to look for a used computer with an older drive . Also with the OS used to write these discs.

If you don’t know this about IsoPuzzle :
You need the WNASPI32.DLL from Nero in the same folder as the isopuzzle.
You can also stop the read at any time & switch the DVD to a different drive.
Then start the read from it . This is not a start over . The second drive starts to read only what has not yet been read . It then wirte that to the same .iso. You can attempt to get a complete read by using as many drives as you have.
I think by copying the files in the destination folder (all of them) you can even move the process to a different computer as long as it also has the IsoPuzzle program folder . I haven’t tried that but it is supposed to work.

Isopuzzle work nice. i get some data, but the process is very slow. Some dvd are reading 24/7 for a month. Its strogly depend on a dvdrw which i use. Some dvdrw are better readers from others. May be the older ones with IDE & pata interface are better. I test 10 drivers and the liteon ide from 2005 is better from the new one sata drives. I only miss a function in the program that tell me which sector from which file is it. i want the program automatic to create a txt file with a erroneous sectors to know that bad ones sectors. And my advise to people who write dvd. Make a md5 file tree structure on the dvd before you write the one the media with md5summer. So you can have a data intigrity of the disks.
If the data e precious make 3 to 5 copies on different medias not the same one of the data store it well in a different cool dark places vertically use plastic spindel cases, may be 50-100 pieces.
May put some humidity absobing silicon balls. they come with electronic devises. if the disks in the spindel is not use frequently may use scotch tape to isolate the disks inside from the atmosferic humidity.
And use good media too. Made in japan europe usa not china taiwan or india.
Some times extra money can save a lot time .

Dvdrw writing advice by fluxxxer

Thanks for the feedback on your experience. Like you, I’ve been doing “dual backups” on my precious data for some time, and I’ve tried to use two different computers for those different backups. As if that gives me greater certainty of quality-!

But seeing that the marketing promises of “forever data storage” that accompanied the earliest optical disks are now easily debunked, it’s incredible to see more of the same marketing claims being foisted with every new development.

“This one really DOES work forever!!” Yeah. Riiiight.

Chisels and stone tablets… now THAT really works.

There is no such thing as forever. If you want to be something forever create a time mashine :), but if you create copies day by day of something, repeatedly and hide in the different corners of the universe, so you can save your data for long as you can. You need time, money and hard work:) or money^3

[QUOTE=fluxxxer;2656792]Isopuzzle work nice. i get some data, but the process is very slow.[/QUOTE]

Did you really expect something else??

Which one dvd-rw you advise me to use for better performance?

Try dvd drives that others (friends,family etc.)have. I had a 8X BTC DVD burner at one time, it was the worst burner I ever did have, but it would read just about any burned DVD that my other 7 burners wouldn’t.

BTC dvd reader it good reader not because it is so good.
It just ignore the error ecc edc mechanism.
It reads what it can.