How to manually uninstall Alcohol 120%?

vbimport

I wish to manually and completely remove Alcohol 120% latest version, 1.9.5. 2802. Anyone out there that can give me instructions on how to do this please?

1. Run “regedit”
  2. Find “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall{E9F81423-211E-46B6-9AE0-38568BC5CF6F}”, then delete that.
  3. Find “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\32418F9EE1126B64A90E8365B85CFCF6”, then delete that.

Now, to remove Alcohol driver you need to go to HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services here you should fínd the Keys for the Alcohol Driver in the current version, a347bus and a347scsi, delete these Keys and remove corresponding files from Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

Check C:\windows\program Files\Alcohol Soft and delete the folder. Re-boot your PC.

Thanks Phoenix

I followed steps 1, 2, and 3 and deleted the directory program files and got mine reinstalled. I did N :disagree: T delete the a347 keys nor the drivers in the system32 folder, as I have a Serial ATA drive, and have found a few other forums with people reporting problems afterwards with it reading their drives, or with USB errors. It worked just fine with a reinstall without those last couple steps and would highly recommend not doing it.

Thanks for the rest though phoenix, :bow: much appreciated.

I cant delete a347scsi how do i delete it :confused: it says error while deleting key

u should try this http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/lofiversion/index.php/t9998.html i thank a lot to the guy who wrote it…was it u phoenix??

How do i remove the virtual drives
Q:- I uninstalled Alcohol but the virtual drives remain, how do i remove them?

A:- Go to control panels/system/hardware/device manager, find under “SCSI and RAID controllers” the Alcohol* SCSI controller, and remove it.

All Alcohol drives will disappear. Normally this happens automatically when you uninstall alcohol, unless at the uninstallation time you still had some image mounted.

You will Also need to remove Plug and Play Bios Extension from System Devices. and if needed the Virtual Drive Drivers from the Windows/System32/Drivers Folder.

• Name of the Virtual Drive Driver varies from version to Version.

These guys at Alcohol are a gem, sigh. Dunno, maybe it’s my system that didn’t like it, but only now do I realize that I started having trouble with my dvd player reading software installation programs after I installed Alcohol 120%.
3 drives and 2 IDE ribbons later I see that even after having deleted long ago the program, that my “What actions do you want to take” window, has Alcohol 120% as an option. I have read recently that burning or virtual drive programs can lead to dvds failing to read.
Perfect Uninstaller is far from perfect, not even detecting the A120% entries in the registry, so I followed the manual steps above, rebooted and no change, what’s worse now that I reinstalled A120% (one of the latest versions) and uninstalled, not only do I suffer the same problem but I now have their darned Internet Explorer taskbar, which their unisntaller failed to uninstall.
So now I have to search around for more ingenious ways of getting rid of not only A120% but their little taskbar to boot.
That’s one little program I’m afraid I’m finding more and more difficult to recommend.
Good luck with it, I know I’ll need it.

BMb

@BigglesMcB

Did it occure to you that you are replying in a thread that is over 2 years old, our software has progressed since this topic was started and things have changed, i have no problem with people knocking a program once they have taken steps to contact the support section of that software to resolve their problem and that has failed.

Using information that is over 2 years old to try to resolve a problem that is recent just goes to show a lack of common sence, so knocking a program based on that is shallow in the least.

Alcohol comes with its own uninstaller located in the Alcohol folder, did you use this, using a third party software to try to uninstall a software is not the best route to take.

The toolbar is an opt in opt out install if you did not want it why install it?

Did you even bother to check the softwares FAQ section on how to uninstall the software manualy if you were having a problem to remove it from your system ?

well the information is there should the uninstaller fail http://support.alcohol-soft.com/en/knowledgebase.php?postid=20874&title=Method+for+removing+Alcohol+120%+manually

As for the tool bar, If you want to remove the toolbar all you have to do is go into
add/remove programs and uninstall the free-downloads.net toolbar.
If you are using Firefox you can access it from tools>add ons.

All that information would have been made available to you had you used the softwares support pages, so before yopu knock a software try going down the official route prior to trying other methods then complaning if they do not work.

Note: Our software does not and can not damage your physical drives, so your drives failing to read is not down to Alcohol, i should look for a different cause for that problem.

Dear Phoenix, thank you for your candid reply.

Having moved out of state for work for the last year, I have only had a chance to play with my pc again now. The only reference that seems to pop on google about uninstalling manually A120% is this page.
Please do not take this as a personal attack, but as the comments of someone twice, and perhaps thrice frustrated with a piece of software (in its use at first and twice later in its and its latter version’s uninstallers).

1 - The program I had was a registered version that came as package with something else, I forget what. Problems arose with the drive soon afterwards, so at the time I tried to revert the system to its previous state with no luck.

2 - I always use the uninstaller that comes with the program. Only used the third party uninstaller recently after realizing its failure, something that ocurred yet again with the latest uninstaller when trying the “install and then uninstall the latest version” route (as I write this I have the words “Alcohol Soft” staring at me from below the URL window).

3- I don’t usually contact the support people of a particular company due to multiple bad experiences with this. (response time ranges from days to weeks, answers are simplistic and obvious and often inapplicable to the problem, and living in Australia, I may consider reformatting the drive before spending $50 on a call to be put on hold for 30 minutes). The case may be different in all the above with your customer service people, in which case I apologize for the generalization, but when you get burned dozens of times, you’re going to be weary of approaching the fire.

4 - Toolbar… I must have missed the choice on the wizard. I didn’t see it pop up in the installation if that is the case. The only choices I remember seeing were to “Create a desktop icon” and “Create a quicklaunch icon”, but then again, I may be wrong. I don’t usually accept toolbars, including Google which comes with every second installer due to their automatic hijacking of settings which I have to go and reset manually afterwards. Thank you for the heads-up on the Add/Remove Programs. Expecting to see something with “Alcohol” on it, I missed the item.

5 - If you mean there is supposed to be a FAQ text/doc file with the download I don’t really understand how would I access it after I uninstalled the program. I do plan on having a thorough look through Alcoholsoft’s website to see if I find any help on the issue. I still see A120% references with Regedit.

6 - As I mentioned on my previous note. I don’t know if it is A120%, but it was the only thing I installed at the time the drive failures started. More than one tech messageboard indicate issues with dvd drives linked to burning/virtual drive software. I didn’t remember having any installed on my system, or at least I thought I didn’t since last year. It could be just motherboard gremlins. The other problem could be a rare, although I guess not impossible failure of 3 different new drives.
I have been wondering what the problem may have been with the DVD drive ever since it failed and having put out of my mind any software issues, I have been working on its hardware side. That is, until yesterday. The problem only arises with installation disks. It plays video dvds and cds without any problems otherwise. My choices then are to build a new system and test item by item (drives, motherboard, leads) and then give up and reformat the HDDs.

My complaints are not so much with the main body of the software but with its installers/uninstallers.

I apologize wholeheartedly if I offended you personally through my frustration thus far with your company’s software. Please allow me to apologize as well to anyone else I may have offended amongst your company’s staff through my generalization of software companies’ support/help desks.

Sincerely,

BMb

Hi,

I googled uninstalling Alcohol 120% and your right this site does come up, but so does the Alcohol support forum, Failing that in the software its self there are links to the support site, the main web site and the email address for support.

1. Alcohol does not bundle its software with other products at this time.

2. The main reason for the built in uninstaller failing is normally related to non legal versions of the software.

3. Alcohol support is free and is manned 24\7 we aim to answer all customer problems within an hour or so of receiving their email.

4. Alcohols tool bar does not highjack users settings and is not included in legally registered full versions, it is only included in trial versions and our free 52% version and as I said it is an optional install we do not force users to install it.

5. There is a full FAQ at http://support.alcohol-soft.com/en/knowledgebase.php

6. I am sorry to hear you have problems with your drives the fact that it reads other discs and DVD normally and only has problems with installation discs is quiet baffling, however as I stated our software can not physically damage your hardware.

Your apology is accepted though not required, Alcohol soft prides its self with its support team who put in many hours of work each and everyday, including weekends and holidays as we believe in a prompt and accurate support of our software, no one likes to be waiting three or four days for a solution to their problem. negative comments by users who have not tried contacting support to resolve their problem can give a company a bad reputation and damage that company’s reputation, hence my rather candid response to your post.

If you still have a problem we will be happy to help resolve it for you.

I mistakenly (my fault) installed the trial version of alcohol 52 on my XP system. I think I got a toolbar for alcohol 120%.

Uninstalling was fairly routine. But when I tried to get rid of the Alcohol 52/120 Toolbar, I had problems. When I followed the procedure recommended for Firefox, I eventually ended up with a list of Add-ons. There was no Add-on name with Alcohol in it. I had the same problem with Windows Explorer.After much flailing, I used Toolbar Cleaner. Again, no routine with a name containing Alcohol. I then noticed a routine with the name FreeDowloads with the date of my download of Alcohol 52… I disabled/deleted that and the toolbar problem was solved. But I had killed the afternoon.

It then took me another hour to get rid of a reference in the Toolbar Navigation line. I also had to reset the initial panel to get rid of an initial Google panel with a Alcohol logo.

I am very upset with the Alcoholxx firm. They may have a good product, but it is very difficult and not obvious how to get rid of all traces. Why do they make it difficult? It only alienates potential users.

@ somib

First let me point out you are replying to a topic that is over three years old.

When you installed the trial version you are asked if you want to install the tool bar, so you must have selected this option for this to have installed on your system.

The uninstall command for the software as you point out is routine you just go to the Alcohol folder and run the uninstall command.

To remove the toolbar you can go into add/remove programs and uninstall
free-downloads.net toolbar, or if using Firefox select Tools Add-Ons,
and do the same.

I would also like to point out that Alcohol soft have its own support forum, if you had a problem posting there would have gotten you an answer, we also have our own email support had you contacted us you would have recieved a reply within a short time and your problem would have been resolved without you having to waste an afternoon.

I can never understand why people who use a software do not use the support that comes with that software ? and then go on to post stuff on different web sites saying things are difficult bla bla when if they had used the free support offerd by software companys there problem would have been resolved quickly and efficently.

Thanks for your prompt reply. As you noted, I was careless. I foolishly accepted the default options for the free trial. Due to prior bad experiences with other sites, I distrusted your site. I did not realize that you are thoroughly reputable and had the answer to my problem. When I tried the to remove the toolbar from Internet Explorer, I followed the Internet Explorer recommended procedure for removing toolbars, which is:
Click on Tools
Click on Manage Add-Ons
Select Toolbar you want to delete and hit Disable

As you know, the Manage Add-On list will not contain a name that is associated with Alcohol Soft. One has to uninstall a program, freedowloads.net. Why would anyone associate Freeloads with AlcoholSoft? Perhaps you should change the Uninstall procedure, so it also deletes the Freeloads procedure?

Just delete folders and registry keys :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=DixieNormous;979716]I wish to manually and completely remove Alcohol 120% latest version, 1.9.5. 2802. Anyone out there that can give me instructions on how to do this please?[/QUOTE]

http://support.alcohol-soft.com/knowledgebase.php?postid=25207&title=Method+for+removing+Alcohol+120%+manually+SPTD