How to make VISA get me my money back?

vbimport

Hi there fellow cdfreakers ,

I’m sure some of you also order products suchs as dvd’s and chips online using a credit card , as do i.

But , now i’m suddenly confronted with a product , which i ordered about three months ago but never arrived.

I heard it should be pretty easy for a customer to get his money back from visa , but so far i haven’t found nothing about it.

Anyone out there who could help me with this ?

Just phone there general help line, making sure you have all the details in front of you for the purchase in question. They will either deal with it there and then or tell you to ring a different number to make a claim. There are limits to this though some cards have a minimum / maximum value ie if under 50 notes your out of look. I have never personally had to do this before but I have claimed for a stolen item, (in this instance they want a crime reference number from the local police authorities), and also there is the local laws to take into account. Hope this helps you.
//John.

Your first stop should be to connect the place where you bought your item from.

I contacted the company where I bought a DVD from but never arrived and they offered to either refund the money or resend the product.

The Visa people will probably ask if you have contacted this company to see if they will do anything.

Today :

After many many many (around 10) emails i sent the last month to the supplier , they finally gave me a postal tracking number. Seems my package is still in Canada as of March the 3rd.

Yesterday :

Yesterday i ordered Visa to refund my money and mailed them the complete details (transaction number , etc).

Conclusion :

I wonder if both things will happen , so i will get my money back and i will get the package. Not my fault , because when i ordered Visa to get my money back , i didn’t have the tracking number. In fact , i had no email from the supplier at all !

I’ll keep you updated :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the info.

I don’t get how it’s Visa’s fault if a company doesn’t deliver?.. :confused:

Originally posted by Ssseth
I don’t get how it’s Visa’s fault if a company doesn’t deliver?.. :confused:

Of course it’s not Visa’s fault, but i can order Visa to get my money back can i ? The company assumedly failed to deliver , so i’m cancelling my transaction with them.

I’m not saying you are wrong. Just that I don’t get how that makes any sense.

If you paid by money order through the mail or something it would be too late, money gone end of story. You would have to either deal with the retailer or the police. Same with paying by Visa, the company already has the money, how can Visa just “take it back”?

Must have something to do with insurance on the credit card or something I assume.

Anyway, hopefully you get both as you said :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Ssseth
[B]I’m not saying you are wrong. Just that I don’t get how that makes any sense.

If you paid by money order through the mail or something it would be too late, money gone end of story. You would have to either deal with the retailer or the police. Same with paying by Visa, the company already has the money, how can Visa just “take it back”?

Must have something to do with insurance on the credit card or something I assume.

Anyway, hopefully you get both as you said :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

Process :

step 1 : i order product from www.company.com
step 2 : i fill in my credit card number at www.paysystyems.com (affiliate pay site)
step 3 : i happily wait for my product
step 4 : no product… even after three months , countless emails and complaining. threatening and so forth.
step 5 : tell visa that www.company.com didn’t uphold their part of the deal (to actually deliver the product) , so i demand a refund
step 6 : visa contacts mypaystems.com and/or myself for transaction number and all legal mumbo jumbo
step 7 : i get my money back because those low rotten evil people from www.company.com never upheld their part of the transaction
step 8 : i’m happy , fuck www.mycompany.com.

Currently the process is as following

step 1 through step 6 are the same , but then this happens
step 7 : i get email from www.company.com and they give me a postal tracking number. product will arrive soon. /me is still crossing fingers and praying to long-forgotten gods , because i’m sceptic.
step 8 : i wonder what visa will do
step 9 : i wonder what paysystems.com will do
step 10 : i wonder if www.company.com will ever get their money
step 11 : i wonder if i should contact visa , paysystems.com and/or www.company.com about this…
step 12 : i decide to do nothing and just happily wait for my product… all the companies can go fuck themselves , as if i care , as long as i have my product.

Heh heh heh.
I would be careful signing for any packages my friend… :rolleyes:

Methinks Visa won’t pay the company until they receive hard copies of receipts on visa cards (including signatures), which can take upto 12 weeks to get to visa.

Besides, visa can just withhold xxx cash amount next month.
Visa sets the deals, otherwise the company will have to refuse Visa card holder, hence much less customers :wink:

Exactly debro ! And that’s the fun part. Because the payment/transaction goes via www.paysystems.com , neither company will have any hardcopy whatsoever. They’ll just have my visa card number and my transactionnumber.

I’m very very curious if

a) i will get my package
b) i will get my money back
c) i get into trouble because of b)
d) the company i originally ordered from will be in trouble
e) paystsems.com will get in trouble
f) visa will get in trouble
g) nothing happens at all

All sorted from top priority to nil of course :bigsmile:

But i would be more than happy to re-refund their money … IF i get the bloody product i have waited for for more than three months.

Wait… that gives me another idea. Can i sue them because of psychological damage or personal economic crisises ? Can i sue them all ?

/me likes being evil

//update//

I just heard from a colleague , that i will get my product and will get my money back , but VISA will forbid me from ever purchasing another product from the original company. Well… i couldn’t care less :slight_smile:

//end of update//

Because :

In my honest opinion every company starts with the same trust level. One chance. If somehow a company cannot uphold its part of the deal and it’s defenitely not my fault , the trust level immediately drops to 0. Especially after such “customer care”.

Example :

I had the same thing with my insurance company once :

Somehow the fine-print showed i had to pay 100% for the damages on the front window of my car for which i was insured (at least i thought so and they never told me otherwise) . I did and then immediately closed all 12 insurances (which is a LOT of moeny every year) i had with them. Fuck them… No customer service , no money from me either. Ever again.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]I had the same thing with my insurance company once :

Somehow the fine-print showed i had to pay 100% for the damages on the front window of my car for which i was insured (at least i thought so and they never told me otherwise) . I did and then immediately closed all 12 insurances (which is a LOT of moeny every year) i had with them. Fuck them… No customer service , no money from me either. Ever again. [/B]

Here in Conncticut, USA we are required to have insurance. Up until age 25 or so they pretty much screw over any male driver, I pay $1600/year in insurance on a 15 year old blue truck, never in a single accident! Such bullshit. And this is without collision insurance (god I’m cheap!)

Another thing, companies charge male drivers more (much more) than female drivers starting out. Isn’t this discrimination??? I’m sure they might be able to pull out studies up to wazoo to prove male drivers are USUALLY worse, but you might be able to prove most minorities cause more crime because they live in worse neiborhoods, etc. Pisses me off because I get nothing for being a good driver.