How to make the best quality audio CD i can possibly make

vbimport

Wasup,

:Z

I was wodering if someone could help me. I have just recently put all of my old albums on my computer at a 320 kpbs bit rate, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on how to make the best quality audio CD i can possibly make. The burning program that I am using is WMP (Windows Media Player) 11, and all of the files are MP3’s.

Does The type of blank CD-R I use really matter? because from what I’ve heard it’s best to look for “Made In Japan” or for Taiyo Yuden brands.

And one more question I have is, how do I turn up the bitrate on other mp3’s because when I first started uploading albums onto my computer I wasnt aware of the fact that you can change the bitrate from 128 kpbs to 320 :frowning:

Help would be much appreciated! thnx
:bow:

Hi Mendoza692, and wc… You can’t get back what’s already lost…Increasing an mp3 [I]from[/I] 128 kbps to 320,will not give you a higher quality file,only a larger one…if you want a higher bitrate then re-rip and set to 320kbps…IMO,it’s hardly noticeable however…
I suggest you keep it at 128 if you’ve already ripped at that bitrate…While it’s important to use the highest quality CD discs to burn,I find that it’s less important than choosing highly reliable DVD disc to burn…IMO…
Verbatims are my first choice of media…

Hi,[quote=Mendoza692;2137870]
I was wodering if someone could help me. I have just recently put all of my old albums on my computer at a 320 kpbs bit rate,[/quote]You should have preferred uncompressed (.WAV) or lossless (.FLAC) formats instead of lossy formats like mp3, if best quality is your aim.

The burning program that I am using is WMP (Windows Media Player) 11, and all of the files are MP3’s.
I wouldn’t use WMP as burning application. Is there any CD burning application installed? You should be at least able to set the burn speed manually instead of settings like “fast” or “slow”.

Does The type of blank CD-R I use really matter? because from what I’ve heard it’s best to look for “Made In Japan” or for Taiyo Yuden brands.
Media does matter. And TY are the best stuff you can feed your burner with.
Also, the burner matters. Some drives are good CD burners, some others are mediocre or worse.

And one more question I have is, how do I turn up the bitrate on other mp3’s because when I first started uploading albums onto my computer I wasnt aware of the fact that you can change the bitrate from 128 kpbs to 320 :frowning:
You can’t recover the information that got lost when you used 128 kbps mp3 format. So upconverting to 320 kbps is just a waste of time and ressources.

Michael