How to make menu?

Hei,

Have DivX/XviD compatiple standalone DVD player. Just got myself Nec 3500A, now I have a possibility to burn several AVI files to DVD media.
Since DVD player has horrable menu system, I would like to be able to make a simple autoplay menu of my own and burn it togheter with AVI files to DVD media.

DVD player should auto play menu where I could choose which movie clipp I want to see.

Do you have any tips?

Staljin

I’ve been trying to use NeroExpress Vision3. Seems to be a fairly basic way of making a DVD with menus from avi file.

Takes a long time to encode and write though, about 4.5 hours for a dvd.

My problem is that I do not want DVD-MPEG files. I just want to copy AVI files and make movie selection menu with it. In oder words when I set inn a DVD media (with 6 AVI files on it) in DVD player, movie selection menu comes automatically up.

It should look like:

1. filename 1
  2. filename 2
  3. filename 3
  4. filename 4

So it wold be possible to choose AVI file I want to play :smiley: . Something like autorun menu for CDs :iagree: .

Staljin

What make and model is your dvd player?

Asono DVDX70. I am happy with it. Support for subtitles (microscopisk skrift) but it works without problem *.SRT and *.SMI support.

Staljin

I Cant see anything on the net, but a lot is in dutch (as Asono is a Dutch company)
I did find a firmware update though
http://asono.com/products/29/DivXFirmware.zip

Sorry I can’t be of any more help.

I think you can make a simple menu as you described as an HTML file.
Does any one know how to make a menu (as a web page) which starts a set of video (avi) files and jumps to a specific position in the file?

Saeed

[QUOTE=staljin;737486]My problem is that I do not want DVD-MPEG files. I just want to copy AVI files and make movie selection menu with it. In oder words when I set inn a DVD media (with 6 AVI files on it) in DVD player, movie selection menu comes automatically up.

It should look like:

1. filename 1
  2. filename 2
  3. filename 3
  4. filename 4

So it wold be possible to choose AVI file I want to play :smiley: . Something like autorun menu for CDs :iagree: .

Staljin

4.[/QUOTE]

ohhh guys i have the same prob am tryin thes sinse soo long time we really need help guys in thes

You can use Divx Author to make divx videos with a menu.

TMPGenc Authoring works is the latest program from Pegasys that should be able to produce divx video with menus.