How to make iso from several split files?

vbimport

Greetings
I’ve downloaded 6 rar files which is supposed to contain 2 CD’s. After extracting, I got about 90 files, each ending with 3 digits for their extention. Example:
filename.001
filename.002
filename.003
and each is 15000 byte.
I also got an .sfv file. (I googled it and I now know its used to check that the split files are not corrupted.)

My question is: is this the iso file split into several parts?
And how do I group them together to make the iso file to burn?
I have Alcohol 120%, but it doesnt recognize these files.
Is there a free tool to connect back these split files into an iso?

You need to use winrar on these as well.

thanks for replying, but as far as I know winrar makes rar or zip files. Can it make iso files too?

I believe that what you have with these files is another winrar archive so unpacking them should reveal an ISO file.

After you tell winrar to extract the files you get the uncompressed files, and from those you can build an ISO.

Build them with what? what tool or software?

I’ve extracted the rar files, using winrar, and the result was many 15,000 byte files, each ending with a 3 digit extension (.001, .002, .003, etc.)
I’ve tried what was said above: I selected all files and, from the right-click menu, I selected ‘Add to file_name.rar’ which took over 2 hours to complete, then I ended up with a 700MB rar file. The problem still exist: its not an iso file. How can I convert it to ISO?
Can alcohol 120% burn a CD using a rar file?
Or can I simply change the rar file extension to be iso?

Open the folder with the .001, 002 etc files in.
Select all.
Right click and select extract with Winrar.
(If they are .rar files, the prog will ask you where to save to.)

The right-click context menu won’t work, since it isn’t an extension registered with WinRAR, but you can bet that the .001 is the .rar, .002 is.r02, .003 is .r03, and so on. Open WinRAR, navigate to the folder with all these files, open the .001, and extract.

You downloaded 2CDs and don’t know what it is??
You should read the forum rules, again!

:cop:

Just post the .sfv file and we can go on further.
It contains NO copyrighted info, so just post it.

-chef-
I know what it is, I just wanted to know how to put the parts back into an ISO. Apologies for any rule breaking, I’ll go re-read the rules now.
tehGrue,
thanks for your advice, it worked like a charm! I wouldn’t have guessed it in ages!

That’s strange [B]chef [/B]!!! Last time I read this post it was different , “O” well vBulletin must still have a few bugs in it and it’s not showing all the text in the post. :slight_smile:

Originally Posted by sallam
Greetings[B]
I’ve downloaded from Novell Updates for my SuSE 10 and KDE 3.5.2 in 6 rar files which is supposed to contain 2 CD’s.[/B] After extracting, I got about 90 files, each ending with 3 digits for their extention. Example:
filename.001
filename.002
filename.003
and each is 15000 byte.
I also got an .sfv file. (I googled it and I now know its used to check that the split files are not corrupted.)

It’s already on the Novell site, no need to take up server space here!!! :slight_smile:

lol, absolutely no names or titles were included when I read that post… :confused:

sallam, sorry about the rant. I didn’t know what software you were talking about because they simply were not shown to me…