How to make iso from files

vbimport

I would like to take a set of files on my hard drive and make an .iso file which can be later burned onto a CD.

Does anyone know what software I can use to do this? I have Nero 5 and Roxio 6, but I can’t see how to do it in either of those?

Any free S/W?

Thanks,

Mike

i got ImgTool classic version 0.90 from here:
http://www.coujo.de/ib/index.php?act=html_include&incl_name=download
scroll down for latest classic.
there new version incorporates the nero burn capabilities into it which i don’t need i have nero.

anyhow it works great for me.

tools are easily found here:
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

have fun

In Nero, you can use Image Recorder. It’ll make a “.nrg” file that you can burn later from “file-burn image”. consult the manual for Image Recorder.

Use burnatonce and in the Compile window enable Image file. It will create a .ISO image.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
In Nero, you can use Image Recorder. It’ll make a “.nrg” file that you can burn later from “file-burn image”. consult the manual for Image Recorder.

You also have the option to save in .iso rather than .nrg format. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for all the replies. I tried Nero and it worked fine. I also downloaded burnatonce, and will give it a try as an alternative.

Mike

Originally posted by philamber
You also have the option to save in .iso rather than .nrg format. :slight_smile:

well i can see only .nrg in nero6 when i choose “save as” on the file menu after choosing image recorder.

Originally posted by chevysales
well i can see only .nrg in nero6 when i choose “save as” on the file menu after choosing image recorder.

msfox99 has nero 5 (like me) and it’s certainly there in that version. :slight_smile:

okay i just don’t se it and i will use it when i find it if its there in 6 which by the way I like ALOT.

thanx

It’s available when you actually write the image with image recorder, it’s the last step when choosing the location to store the image.

thanx :slight_smile:

will try it from nero next time

Can you create an ISO image that creates a multisession CD when burned?

Can you create an ISO image using ISO Level 2 (NERO always changes this back to Level 1)

Thanks.

i think there is some more software…like isobuster…and isomage…and uhh…isoultra…www.downloads.com is where i got em all…did’nt keep them though…i use blindwrite\clonecd\120% :slight_smile:

:rolleyes: oh… 120%/clonecd/blindwrite able to make ISO files? i’ve looked them up & down i cant find it. clonecd make ccd, 120% make mdf…

those programs don’t allow creation of isos from files, only images of cds.

yea dat’s wat i want, creating a cd image from CD., in ISO format. cant be done rite? i dont see any ISO format.

oh wait… or did i get the concept of ISO all wrong?
does nero’s image recorder able to make image from cd?

http://www.dpaehl.de offers a drag and drop interface for creating ISO files, called EasyISO. Freeware.
Also look into his EasyBurning software, also freeware.
Forum here.

And remember, donations are always welcomed.

You can do this in Nero. I didn’t see it at first either because it is not available unless you use mr. wizard.
Tested on Nero 5.5, not initially using mr. wizard:

Here is what you do:

start Nero, select CD-ROM (ISO), L-click the New button, drag files from any hard drive or CDrom into the compilation window, L-click the Write CD button at top, when the Write CD windows appears press the mr. Wizard button, select the Create Image checkbox (should have a checkmark in it), click the Burn button, a dialog box will ask you what name, location and image filetype to burn to, select iso if you want iso and give it a name and location, then click the Save button, and there will be an iso or nrg image file in the location you had chosen.

I like having full control over the details so I didn’t see this at first until for the fun of it i clicked the wizard option.

HTH’s -matt