How to make image without burner?

vbimport

If you reader is supported by cdrwin, yes.
You can make either an .iso or .bin.

Hi there…
I’d like to make image file (bin/cue) without having a burner installed on my system.
Is it possible ?
With cdrwin ?
Thanx in advance for answering me !

exeo

Hi guy!

Just Install CeQuadrat Win on CD 3.7 or 3.6 and then u only can burn a cd image!

Have phun!

Big Daddy

Thank u all !!!

exeo

blinread will do the job as wel
iso/cue

You can use (almost) every reader for a image file! Only a few burnprogy’s won’t support everyone of them! (like CloneCd)!
But most other progy’s like Nero, WOC or Cdrwin support every reader to make a imagefile!
Good luck!
L8rz…!

Question:

Is it not possible to make an image for cd’s
with winimage ? or am i just beinf stupid.

BaDtObONE

It is possible, but far easier with a burning program.

If Winimage v5.0 doesn’t make iso or anyother image file, i dunno what i’ve been doing past weeks…:slight_smile:

#isogods on irc.newnet.net

[This message has been edited by [iSO]-SL|nGBlade-[iSO] (edited 01 March 2000).]

IMPORTANT!!! Please note while all the above advise is sound the thing is YOU CAN NOT MAKE A bit-by-bit BACK UP OF A GAME USING AN ORDINARY CD-ROM DRIVE, U MUST USE A CD-WRITER TO GET AN ACCURATE BIT-BY-BIT BACKUP.
Good Luck.

Regards

Ch5 Micky

load of bullocks Ch5Micky, really !!!

If you can’t make an exact copy of a CD from a CD-ROM, how is it I’ve been copying disk to disk all these years?

Now I suppose if you’ve got an old 2x CD-ROM, you might have some problems with audio.

U can make an on-the-fly copy with games that r not protected sure but they will NOT be an exact bit-by-bit copy. I WRITE THIS IN PLAIN ENGLISH SO THAT U CAN UNDERSTAND IT. U can only make an exact bit-by-bit copy of a game using your CD Writer as the source and destination drive. I know u can copy unprotected games on-the-fly with an ordinary cd rom i’ve done it myself, but as for making an accurate exact image using an ordinary CD-ROM? Dream On. . .

Regards

Ch5 Micky

Beats me why you posted your answers Ch5Micky
Totally had nothing to do with original question.

i just use clonecd for duplicating all cd`s and nero for multisession disks for the ordinary backup of files but whats the correct settings to make an iso image that will be able to be read on my linux box using nero?cdrwin keeps making coasters for me…nero also has problems burning a regular iso image i have to use ezcdcreator to burn them when for example i d/l an iso for a linux distro…

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH! Haven’t we got our knickers in a twist Black Diamond, what a stroppy response, well slap my wrists.

Regards

Ch5 Micky

[This message has been edited by Ch5Micky (edited 08 March 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ch5Micky (edited 08 March 2000).]