How to make dvd on mac that's viewable on regular dvd player

vbimport

i have a Power Mac G5, (PowerPC G5 (1.1), w DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL & Write Strategies:CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO. i’ve made a quicktime movie to give as a gift and it doesn’t seem to play on a regular dvd player. is there way to do this, given the equipment i have, so that the movie will play on a regular player? is there another software program that would help?

thank you for your help.

victor s

Do you have iDVD?

[QUOTE=victor simpson;2171870]i have a Power Mac G5, (PowerPC G5 (1.1), w DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL & Write Strategies:CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO. i’ve made a quicktime movie to give as a gift and it doesn’t seem to play on a regular dvd player. is there way to do this, given the equipment i have, so that the movie will play on a regular player? is there another software program that would help?

thank you for your help.

victor s[/QUOTE]

Okay, you decided to buy a Apple computer good luck with this…:rolleyes:
However, you can download Sothink DVD maker for the Mac OS X to convert Videos to DVD. AND IT FREEWARE TOO 8)

Kind Regards

yes.

i mean, thank you.

which product? SWF to Video converter? thx

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2171873]Do you have iDVD?[/QUOTE]
yes.

As Kerry56 implied, you can use iDVD to create a standard DVD.
You can also use Toast Titanium, or FFMPEGX

thank you. i didn’t see how to do it on idvd, but i’ll try to figure it out. they want to put all those weird frames around everything.

If you don’t want to use IDVD, use iMovie.

in IMOVIE O8 i have the option of exporting to quicktime, final cut or a generic export which, when saved to desktop, produces only an audio version. i’ve imported the quicktime movie (which plays great, only not on a regular dvd player) into Imovie08. i can see it and it plays fine but i can’t burn it to dvd without joining it to one of their ridiculous theme borders. very frustrating. any ideas? it seems like this should be simple. v

sorry, i meant after importing it into IDVD i can’t burn it without using one of their prepackaged themes. thx

thanks but there’s no such product as Sohtink dvd maker for mac osx