How to make DVD fab rip a dvd for best use with a dual layer dvd

Since the dvds i’m getting it from are 7GB+ i have to use a dual layer dvd. BUT when i try to rip said dvd it doesn’t do it properly according to imgburn. It says that there’s not the proper leadin. I have no idea how to set it to do such as thing, but it isn’t and it’s literally making me think about completely reverting on this software and never using it ever again. “Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found (VTS_01) - Image not mastered correctly” I get that error when i attempt to burn said iso. And if i use the just plain old folders it doesn’t show it’s been optimized for such a thing. Should i be doing a “split” thing so to speak? Since it is two dvds at once?

[QUOTE=masterz87;2493852]Since the dvds i’m getting it from are 7GB+ i have to use a dual layer dvd. BUT when i try to rip said dvd it doesn’t do it properly according to imgburn. It says that there’s not the proper leadin. I have no idea how to set it to do such as thing, but it isn’t and it’s literally making me think about completely reverting on this software and never using it ever again. “Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found (VTS_01) - Image not mastered correctly” I get that error when i attempt to burn said iso. And if i use the just plain old folders it doesn’t show it’s been optimized for such a thing. Should i be doing a “split” thing so to speak? Since it is two dvds at once?[/QUOTE]

Hi masterz87
Welcome to the forum :flower:

The Image not mastered correctly could be linked to the layer break position, if you are going to use double layer media make sure you are not removing the layer break when DVDFab does the rip.

Also below in my signature you will find a guide called “Settings” you may want to look at is you have DVDFab set to use ImgBurn as the burn engine :wink:

Yeah… the main problem is that it’s apparently still removing the break. I’m going to go in and manually delete that iso that it had originally, if it still has it then i’ll just i don’t know… i guess i’ll probably end up giving up…

[QUOTE=masterz87;2493950]Yeah… the main problem is that it’s apparently still removing the break. I’m going to go in and manually delete that iso that it had originally, if it still has it then i’ll just i don’t know… i guess i’ll probably end up giving up…[/QUOTE]

In common settings-> “Protection” make sure that you [B]do not[/B] have a check mark in the box next to “Remove Layer Break”

If you still get the “not mastered correctly” then it could be that the layer break position was placedaccording to the data on the disc and if you are removeing FBI warning or making any other changes then that may be the problem… course when using ImgBurn as the burn engine you are asked to select a layer break from multiple choices select a blue star and the backup you create will be good :wink:

ah that’s probably why then… i said to remove the annoying pcgs. And hmm i’ll try it again… this time it still did the no best option for it. I’ll try once more and see how it goes.

[QUOTE=masterz87;2493969]ah that’s probably why then… [B]i said to remove the annoying pcgs.[/B] And hmm i’ll try it again… this time it still did the no best option for it. I’ll try once more and see how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah[B]!![/B]…that’s what I thought, I too get that message sometimes but not all the time.

I have found that if you just close the message popup and select one of the choices ImgBurn gives you for the layer break the burn process will proceed and the backup copy will play just fine :cool: