How to make Blade Runner PC game work on Vista?

Just went to install my old Westwood Blade Runner game on my new HP and all the text and some of the images are screwed up. After searching I find that people have no problem running on XP but I have Vista now and oh boy! Does anybody know of a fix to make this game work right on Vista??? :sad:

XP compatability mode?

or Dosbox?

All you have to do is to press Alt+Tab to go back to your desktop, and then you click on the blade runner window on the taskbar to go back to the game, and normally your problems should be resolved… :wink:

But I have an other problem with BR: I just cannot install it on my vista-32… When i introduce the CD1, the autorun launches, but when i click on “install”, the “autorun window” just desappears and nothing happen… Anyone’s got an idea to solve that? It would be great…Thx

But I have an other problem with BR: I just cannot install it on my vista-32… When i introduce the CD1, the autorun launches, but when i click on “install”, the “autorun window” just desappears and nothing happen… Anyone’s got an idea to solve that? It would be great…Thx

Not sure if you’ve still got problems but I was having the same inability to install in XP (SP3) - I did manage to get past this by running a batch file that I have that kills off all unnecessary tasks when I’m playing a far more demanding modern game. I’m guessing one of them (I suspect an iTunes related one?) was conflicting with the install as, once I ran it, the install/setup immediately launched.

The tasks that the batch file kills are:
aawservice.exe
AGMailAgent.exe
AlbumDB.exe
AnVir.exe
AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
ashMaiSv.exe
alg.exe
aswUpdSv.exe
cssurf.exe
CmdBkSvc.exe
DataLayer.exe
DVD43_Tray.exe
cfpupdat.exe
CameraLauncherDVC.exe
ctfmon.exe
CDPROC.exe
DataLayer.exe
device-manager.exe
drwin.exe
Eraser.exe
FMZilla.exe
FxSvr.exe
GoogleUpdate.exe
GoogleUpdaterService.exe
GoogleCrashHandler.exe
GrooveMonitor.exe
helper.exe
iexplore.exe
IconixUpdater.exe
IconixOutlookUpdaterService.exe
iTunesHelper.exe
iTunesFolderWatch.exe
iPodService.exe
iPodScrobbler.exe
java.exe
jqs.exe
jusched.exe
KHost.exe
KService.exe
LastFM.exe
LaunchApplication.exe
Launchy.exe
LxrAutorun.exe
LxrSII1s.exe
LULnchr.exe
LVComS.exe
LVCOMSX.EXE
MPAPI3s.exe
mdm.exe
mDNSResponder.exe
MPAPI3s.exe
nbexec.exe
NMSAccessU.exe
OfficeLiveSignIn.exe
ORTHOS.exe
OUTLOOK.EXE
PcSync2.exe
PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
PnkBstrA.exe
PresentationFontCache.exe
realplay.exe
rundl32.exe
spoolsv.exe
rapimgr.exe
ServiceLayer.exe
songbird.exe
spoolsv.exe
rundl32.exe
searchindexer.exe
searchprotocolhost.exe
searchfilterhost.exe
ServiceLayer.exe
SoundcrankPlugin.exe
spotify.exe
sp_rsser.exe
SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
Tablet.exe
TabUserW.exe
taskmgr.exed
Update.exe
v_stuff_backup.exe
VFSWrapper.exe
wmiprsve.exe
wmiadap.exe
wlcrasvc.exe
WCESMgr.exe
wcescomm.exe
wuauclt.exe
XBoxStat.exe
BBC iPlayer Desktop.exe

Now you see why I have a batch file to do this! Not all of these tasks were running (some programs have since been uninstalled or blocked by other means) but you may want to try stopping any processes you have running that are in the above list.

little bit of extra info:
I also found that to get the Shooting Range to work I had to run two instances of Turbo.exe (one for each core) at around 15% each to slow the PC down so that the targets appeared - it made things a little bit laggy but I got a humble score of 44 - not sure if the shooting range is of any importance though.

am having problems istalling onto windows7. any suggestions? wont even let me install it

[QUOTE=datsotfoplorts3on;2541507]am having problems istalling onto windows7. any suggestions? wont even let me install it[/QUOTE]

You didn’t identify what program your trying to install? Also being as old as this thread is you should make a new thread talking about 7 O/S as this relates to Vista. But aside from that did you try to run the install program in XP compatibility mode to install it? I do know from experience games that installed on XP which I had before will not properly install on 7. I didn’t try in XP compatibility mode but that would be the next step to try. And if that doesn’t work most likely 7 will never properly install the game and make or create the icon to the game.

[QUOTE=datsotfoplorts3on;2541507]am having problems istalling onto windows7. any suggestions? wont even let me install it[/QUOTE]
Just use DosBox for those old games. Make and image of your cd and imgmount it in Dosbox.

"All you have to do is to press Alt+Tab to go back to your desktop, and then you click on the blade runner window on the taskbar to go back to the game, and normally your problems should be resolved…

But I have an other problem with BR: I just cannot install it on my vista-32… When i introduce the CD1, the autorun launches, but when i click on “install”, the “autorun window” just desappears and nothing happen… Anyone’s got an idea to solve that? It would be great…Thx"

------Thank you this solved problem with video being garbled on win7 and made the game work alt + tab was very helpful & funny cuz never thought something so simple could fix such a bad graphics read the game initially starts with the graphics settings set so wrong that you can barely see anything and a simple alt + tab a couple times and the graphics are redone to match your graphics card. (I guess the switch to windows 7 where the settings are correct changes the improper settings back to original settings and so makes the game settings correct.):clap: