How to make a MP3 CD for MP3 Car CD player

I have a car CD player that will play MP3’S but I don’t know how to make a MP3 CD. I have Nero Burning Rom 5.5.10.42, can anyone tell me how to make a MP3 CD using this software? Oh it also play’s WMA’S too. anybody know how to make a WMA Cd? Please help…
Thanking You in advance for Your time and help, Scott :slight_smile:

Select CD-ROM (ISO) (do not select audio CD)
Select mp3 files to layout tab
Burn CD…

I believe that should do the trick…

I understand the basics of making an MP3 CD but what is confusing is the manual for the car CD player talks about folders and how if You go over a certain amount of folders it will slow down the playback of CD’s when it is searching for a song. Can anyone please explain this and what I am supposed to do? The Car stereo is a Pioneer DEH-P9400MP does anyone have this stereo or it’s Premier counter part the Premier DEH-P940MP. If You do can You please explain how to make MP3’s and WMA’s for this stereo, I paid a lot for this stereo and would like to be able to get the most use out of it and it’s special features that I paid for. I know that somebody on this forum has an answear for me, You guys are super smart… :bow: Thanking in advance for Your help, Scott :smiley:

Originally posted by slipstream6

what is confusing is the manual for the car CD player talks about folders
Firstly, Da_Taxman’s explanation describes it all well.

As for your player and folders’ stuff, simply make sure to not create any folders in the compilation window.
Just drag & drop there strictly the MP3 files you’re going to burn.

yeah, it really doesn’t get much simpler than Da_Taxman’s explanation. if the manual says that the stereo has some type of folder limit, then just don’t use that many folders.

I understand quite while what Da_Taxman’s explantion is saying. What I don’t understand is this whole folder thing. Since when I try to do what the Da_Taxman’s expalantion say’s, it doesn’t show or give any optons for folders. You are just to dump them all on to the CD. I think from reading the manual the whole purpose of the folder thing is so that You can group Your Albums one in each folder so that You can access that alubum only as opssed to the whole CD. I hope this better explains the problem that I am having. I really hope that somebody can help me with this problem… Thanks again for Your help, Scott

Originally posted by slipstream6

I hope this better explains the problem that I am having. I really hope that somebody can help me with this problem…
But where exactly is the problem ? I simply cannot get the picture.
Am I still missing something here ?

How are we supposed to know which way
( with or w/o folders created in the compilation window and burnt onto the CD)
is gonna work best for your car CD player ?

It is up to you to create your MP3 stuff either way and to test if it’s playable or not.

I think the CD reading will be slowed down because the player will need to enter each folder and scan it for files, go to the next folder and scan it for files etc. When you just drop your files on the root of the CD, there should be no problem. Also with 20 folders or less I don’t think you will notice a big slowdown. I would just test it and see how it works out as BoSkin suggested.

MP3 files are Data, not sound patterns (like on normal CD’s, from the shop). They use a lossless compression (like .ZIP files) to make the file size much smaller.

A lossless compression works by noting the Patterns in the Data, and making a note where, and when they appear. It then reads its own code (in this case, MPEG format) and unpacks the Data to a temporary storage space.

If you have ever tried Zipping up a MP3 file, you will find that it barely makes any change to the file size, because they both use the same sort of lossless compression. Lossless compression means that it has a smaller compression, without losing any quality of the original file.

Hope this helps you, and some other people.:slight_smile:

Would you expect all that from a 13 year old? Lol

Originally posted by theone1_
[B]MP3 files are Data, not sound patterns (like on normal CD’s, from the shop). They use a lossless compression (like .ZIP files) to make the file size much smaller.

A lossless compression works by noting the Patterns in the Data, and making a note where, and when they appear. It then reads its own code (in this case, MPEG format) and unpacks the Data to a temporary storage space.

If you have ever tried Zipping up a MP3 file, you will find that it barely makes any change to the file size, because they both use the same sort of lossless compression. Lossless compression means that it has a smaller compression, without losing any quality of the original file.

Hope this helps you, and some other people.:slight_smile:

Would you expect all that from a 13 year old? Lol [/B]

MP3 is actually a lossy compression meaning quality is lost during encoding.

Would you expect all that from a 13 year old? LOL (sorry for not giving a detailed explanation)

BTW, like your sig.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Chriso

Would you expect all that from a 13 year old? LOL (sorry for not giving a detailed explanation)

Me not. To me, you seemed to sound much much younger, lol. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

oops…my mistake…BTW i didnt understand wat else you wrote…oh well.

Originally posted by theone1_

BTW i didnt understand wat else you wrote…oh well.
Forget it. That was just the underground folklore. :bigsmile: