How to make a file really read only

vbimport

Is there any absolute way to make a file read only? I have set the file attributes to read and it is still being written over. There should be some way.

TIA

Sort of.

ABSOLUTELY? No.

But you can take away any permissions except for read from everyone, including yourself. :slight_smile:

I presume you’re talking about a Windows system?

Windows XP.

Yes, in Windows XP just go to permissions for the file, and take away all privileges from everyone - INCLUDING YOURSELF - except for read.

uh to make sure you can change permissions as listed above open any windows folder. then go to TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS

Then choose VIEW > then uncheck “use simple file sharing”

Then you can right click any file and see the permissions tab and enable or de -able each option.

[QUOTE=timjordan;2307910]uh to make sure you can change permissions as listed above open any windows folder. then go to TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS

Then choose VIEW > then uncheck “use simple file sharing”

Then you can right click any file and see the permissions tab and enable or de -able each option.[/QUOTE]

To: timjordan

You probably didn’t noticed that the dates like 4 years ago…??? And most likely won’t get a response anymore. As I tell myself and others read the posted date before posting to a outdated forum…espically when there wasn’t a response since that lasted posted date.