How To Make A Copy Of An Already Backed Up xbox 360 Game

HI there, first of all, PLEASE do not consider this as “PIRACY”

My brother has CALL OF DUTY 3 for 360, he has made a backup copy of the game, since his kids always mess up the discs, so, i want to try it too, before i buy it.

I was wondering how to make a copy of the ALREADY backedup game.

I have tried the following and the new copy didnt work.

I did it using “DVD DECRYPTER”

Mode -> ISO READ: i then made an image of the backup game COD3

then i did this:

Mode -> ISO WRITTE

inserted a DL dvd and the burning prosses was 100% succesfully.

My brother tried to play the game and it didnt work.

Am i doing something wrong? I missed some setting? If anyone knows, please tell me!!!

Thanx alot, hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
JonnyGhost.

I don’t have an Xbox 360 nor do I know of how to backup Xbox 360 games but as far as I know, to make a working backup of a backup you would need to carry out the exact same steps you carried out for backing up the original game disc.

So basically, you need to carry out the exact same steps as you did for the original game disc.

just lend your brothers game for the night :sad: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

did you booktype the media??? :doh:

try a different app too im sure you will guess which one :iagree: it must be the best software out there for doing true one on one copies :bow:

Youre almost there
use dvd decrypter to make an exact image rip of the game, then use imgburn to burn it (make sure the DL “split” is set at 1913760 (the correct layer break info for the 360 game) to do this go to tools, settings, write , options, user specified, then enter the number.
and it MUST be burned to DL media (use verbatim, the best)

Does it matter what kind of dvd burner you have? I have the same problem the xbox 360 does not read them. I have a sony dvd dl recorder and I have memorex dl dvds. Can anyone tell me if these are any good for burning these games or would need to buy something else?

you need to booktype the media or the console wont read them
+r = rom

Yup, Memorex is FAR FROM THE BEST MEDIA to be using. D/L Memorex=Ritek made.

Jonny Ghost, please tell us if you make it work, and how please.

Still no one knows how to make a copy of an already backed up xbox360 game?

If the copy protection has already been byapssed then in theory, an app such as ImgBurn should be able to burn it back to another DL disc.

clonecd exact copy … now let this subject end :doh:

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1717736]Yup, Memorex is FAR FROM THE BEST MEDIA to be using. D/L Memorex=Ritek made.[/QUOTE]

Actually ive burned over 100+ xbox 360 games using memorex dvd+r dl discs burning them at 2.4 and never had a problem i own 3 xbox 360’s an benq, an sammy ms25, and a hitiachi 78 and they all work fine with memorex discs and they are alot cheaper then verbatim discs and work the same since i also use verbatim

[QUOTE=Sanoske312;2066909]Actually ive burned over 100+ xbox 360 games using memorex dvd+r dl discs burning them at 2.4 and never had a problem[/QUOTE]

Does your xbox 360 have a Mod to read the discs?:doh: I don’t want to try to copy my back ups unless I know my 360 will read them without a mod.:confused:

Hi Guys,

Ok i have the same problem.
I already have a tested xbox 360 backup of one of my games and i want to make another backup copy.
I have tried using clone cd to make a exact copy it reads the backup ok and creates an image which i then select to burn to a new blank dvd+r dl, it burns up to around 40%, well thats the best i have had sometimes it does 1% and stops.
Has this got something to do with my settings, my drive ? or is it just poor quality discs? Any help would be great as i have wasted 8 DL’s already.

[QUOTE=corella97;2139101]Does your xbox 360 have a Mod to read the discs?:doh: I don’t want to try to copy my back ups unless I know my 360 will read them without a mod.:confused:[/QUOTE]

in order for your xbox 360 to play any backup game you must flash the firmware on the xbox 360 dvd drive so yes it must be modded there is no other way at this current time to play backups

[QUOTE=astondb5;2139105]Hi Guys,

Ok i have the same problem.
I already have a tested xbox 360 backup of one of my games and i want to make another backup copy.
I have tried using clone cd to make a exact copy it reads the backup ok and creates an image which i then select to burn to a new blank dvd+r dl, it burns up to around 40%, well thats the best i have had sometimes it does 1% and stops.
Has this got something to do with my settings, my drive ? or is it just poor quality discs? Any help would be great as i have wasted 8 DL’s already.[/QUOTE]

I personally use another method to back up my backups you can use a program called “ImgBurn” its a free program that allows you to burn and rip image files and all other sorts of files here is a walkthrough of how to copy and burn an already ripped xbox 360 back up

First thing you do when you download the program is click on tools and select settings from there click on the write tab and where it says layer break for dl media click the button for user specified and type in “1913760” that is the layer break for all xbox 360 games without it if your coping a game the xbox 360 wont read the game. next click ok to exit the menu and then click on "create image file from disc select your dvd drive that has the game disc in it and select where you want to save it and start the copy once its done you can click on the tab on top that says mode and select “write” then locate the file (which you just copied on your harddrive ) click ok then select the dvd burner drive (must be a dvd-dl burner or this will not work) and check the write speed to 2.4 it may take a little while longer but it will burn without errors and click the image where it shows the image to disc to start and just wait when its done you will have a perfectly good backup game.

Hi all. I m a newbee here and i don’t have much info about how to burn the game on to the DVD.
I tried once, but the software told me that the disc doesn’t have enough space on it, which was quite right coz dvd is only like 4.7 GB where as the game is about 7.5 GB.
I dont know much about the dl stuff or the booktype. i have been reading alot but I cant really understand it. PLEASE HELP

Heres what I got:
Hardware: DVD±RW GWA4164B
Media: Maxell, DVD+R, 4.7GB, 1-16x speed
Software: ImgBurn
Files: .iso(about 7GB) and .dvd (few bytes)

[QUOTE=HBP;2186997]Hi all. I m a newbee here and i don’t have much info about how to burn the game on to the DVD.
I tried once, but the software told me that the disc doesn’t have enough space on it, which was quite right coz dvd is only like 4.7 GB where as the game is about 7.5 GB.
I dont know much about the dl stuff or the booktype. i have been reading alot but I cant really understand it. PLEASE HELP

Heres what I got:
Hardware: DVD±RW GWA4164B
Media: Maxell, DVD+R, 4.7GB, 1-16x speed
Software: ImgBurn
Files: .iso(about 7GB) and .dvd (few bytes)[/QUOTE]

you will need a DL DVD otherwise it will not work, the game needs ALL the data to play, not just 4.7 GB of it!

right, so I need to buy some dl dvds. Is that the only fault in my method?

[QUOTE=Sanoske312;2139300]I personally use another method to back up my backups you can use a program called “ImgBurn” its a free program that allows you to burn and rip image files and all other sorts of files here is a walkthrough of how to copy and burn an already ripped xbox 360 back up

First thing you do when you download the program is click on tools and select settings from there click on the write tab and where it says layer break for dl media click the button for user specified and type in “1913760” that is the layer break for all xbox 360 games without it if your coping a game the xbox 360 wont read the game. next click ok to exit the menu and then click on "create image file from disc select your dvd drive that has the game disc in it and select where you want to save it and start the copy once its done you can click on the tab on top that says mode and select “write” then locate the file (which you just copied on your harddrive ) click ok then select the dvd burner drive (must be a dvd-dl burner or this will not work) and check the write speed to 2.4 it may take a little while longer but it will burn without errors and click the image where it shows the image to disc to start and just wait when its done you will have a perfectly good backup game.[/QUOTE]

Will this be iXtreme compatible (Stealth and the Security Sectors)?
Normal u get the .iso and .dvd: In the .dvd there is the layer break and in the iso the Stealth etc.
I know the write speed is 2.4x, but when making a image does the read speed make any difference?