How to make a Bootable CDRom?

vbimport

For some time now I’m trying to make a bootable CD. According to the FAQ of CDRWin it has to be possible with Norton Commander, but it still doesn’t work. I’m not looking for a solution with the AutoRun option, cause that’s not so difficult. So who can help me out with “the making of a Bootable CDRom”? Something in the order of Microsux Windows NT4/95/98/2K. I thank you in advance for your effort!

Ik ben al enige tijd bezig om een bootable CD te maken. Volgens de FAQ van CDRWin moet dit ook mogelijk zijn met Norton, maar ik krijg het toch niet voor elkaar. Naar een oplossing met AutoRun ben ik niet opzoek, want dat is nou niet echt moeilijk. Dus wie kan mij helpen bij het maken van een Bootable CDRom? Denk hierbij aan een CDRom zoals Microsux Windows NT4/95/98/2K. Alvast bedankt!

hey,

Check it out my Heading on “Install win98 Just In 5 min”

that will teach you how to make a bootable CD, it’s pretty easy !.

Thanks for the URL! I’m gonna try it. I also found some other URL’s. My first try didn’t work, but i’ll keep trying.

Thanks for the URL! I’m gonna try it. I also found some other URL’s. My first try didn’t work, but i’ll keep trying.

QUESTION: How do I make a bootable CD?
ANSWER: A bootable 3.5-inch floppy diskette is necessary to start the
process. The CD will have the same booting information as the chosen
floppy diskette, so it is important to verify that the bootable floppy
diskette being used follows the desired boot-up process. Once a
useable floppy diskette has been chosen, launch Easy CD Creator,
cancel the Wizard, and click the DATA CD LAYOUT tab. Before
selecting any data files, click FILE, then click CD LAYOUT
PROPERTIES, then select ISO 9660 from the drop-down menu, then click
the button next to BOOTABLE. A message will appear prompting
insertion of the floppy boot diskette and two files will be taken from the
floppy disk and added to the layout that will make the CD bootable. The
remaining data files may be added at this point, and the bootable CD is
ready to be created.

[http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg40260.html](http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg40260.html)