How To Make A Backup Copy Of Battle For Middle Earth?

hello, this is my first time posting and i dont know ANYTHING much about making working copies or games and CDs so i need your help.
i want to make a working exact copy ( 1:1 copy is what they call it i think) or my battle for middle earth CD which is original and 100% ligal becuase i dont want to scratch the original cd.
i have the following softwares:
alcohol 120%
alcoholer
clonyXXL
clone CD
nero burning rom
ican get any other software which i might need
for your info. this game uses safedisc v2 and i want a backup copy or a image copy that will work (please tell me how since im a noooooob)
please help people :bow: :sad:

if you look at this post http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=131341

if you need any more help ill be here

Creating a ‘1:1’ backup of a SafeDisc protected disc is very hardware dependent so posting your CD/DVD drives will be helpfull. The easiest way is using thisguide which will end in an emulated but working copy :wink:

edit: wakemonkeypimp got me here too slow…

whats the diffrence between a emulated copy and a well “normal” copy? becuase you said “…will make a emulated but working copy”
thanks for the help guys i am trying the guide right now and Clone CD is burning…hope it works :bigsmile:

The emulated copy will only work on a PC where CloneCD is installed the ‘1:1’ copy works without any extra software but creating one is hardware dependent.

Remember, unless you have a very good drive (Plextor Premium will do it) 1:1 copies of the new SafeDisc are not possible. For most people, emulated copies are the only option.

Tell us what drive/s you have and we’ll let you know if you’ve got realistic chances of making a non-emulated back-up copy.

is it actually the CD version or the DVD version?
If it’s DVD, your outta luck.
If it’s CD, Your chances are much higher.

Did you ever successfully clone the Middle Earth CD? I made the mistake of not cloning, but just doing a full copy, and not getting the correct CD volume label name. Do you happen to know what the CD volume name label is on CD #1?

Did you ever successfully clone the Middle Earth CD? I made the mistake of not cloning, but just doing a full copy, and not getting the correct CD volume label name. Do you happen to know what the CD volume name label is on CD #1?

If you just copied over the files it definatly wont work regardless of volume name.

Furthermore, if you owned an original, you wouldn’t need to ask what the volume label is on cd #1.

[Btw, if you have the right hardware, it is possible to make a working copy of the cd version of this game. I have done so.]

(sorry for reviving such an old thread, but this one seemed most relevant)

What method did you use phil? I can’t seem to get it to work using the CloneCD method, the startup recognizes that emulation software is in use and won’t start. The mini image method (alcohol and daemon tools) didn’t work either.

[QUOTE=Kebrethian;2242809](sorry for reviving such an old thread, but this one seemed most relevant)

What method did you use phil? [/QUOTE]
LOL. That was 3 1/2 years ago so I don’t really remember. :bigsmile:

However, I suspect that I probably used alcohol with plain old safedisc datatype settings using an old Lite-on Ltd-163 (Dvd-rom) to read and an Asus CRW-5224A to write (as I still have both those drives on one old rig) or I may have used a Lite-on 832S Dvd burner to both read and write. [Either would have done the job successfully.]

Alternatively, I may have used discjuggler using the Asus cd burner to read and write as that too would have worked.

As for CloneCD, I doubt that you’ll be able to get a back-up to work with it on your system as you will run into problems with blacklisting of its hide cdr media feature.