How to make a 5.1 DVD from a MP4 (H264) Video file..?

i downloaded a movie , which is a MP4 (H264) Video file. And in the information of that, it is given there like it is AC3, 5.1 channel, since it is a MP4 file, can i use ConvertXtoDVD like softwares burn to in to DVD and see the movie in my home theatre with the surround sound of 5.1 channels…?? will it give me the 5.1 channel surround sound if i brun in to DVD using ConvertXtoDVD…?? or else which software or which method shall i use to make a DVD with 5.1 surround sound with the file i downloaded…??

please help:rolleyes:

Hi sharvinzlife

Try DVD Flick it is freeware :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2439359]Hi sharvinzlife

Try DVD Flick it is freeware :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks StormJumper for valuable reply…, i’ll check and reply back.:clap:

You can get DVD Flick here. Be sure to click “Download DVD Flick” and not any download link shown on the left banner, as the website often has banner ads with a large ‘Download’ button, which has nothing to do with DVD Flick.

[QUOTE=Seán;2439384]You can get DVD Flick here. Be sure to click “Download DVD Flick” and not any download link shown on the left banner, as the website often has banner ads with a large ‘Download’ button, which has nothing to do with DVD Flick.[/QUOTE]

I’ve already downloaded DVD Flick, but i i’ve doubt regarding DVD Flick, is DVD Flick is so compatible for to make DVD with 5.1=6 channel from H.264 video (MP4 File)…?? I’m a fan of ConvertXtoDVD and used to make DVD’s of my all fav videos by it, and i’ve the latest full version of convertXtoDVD. but i don’t knw whether it is capable to make a DVD with 5.1=6 channel surround audio from a 5.1=6 channel encoded H.264 video (MP4 file)…??

so please answer this which is program is better for me…??

[QUOTE=sharvinzlife;2439392]I’ve already downloaded the DVD Flick, but i’ve a doubt regarding DVD Flick, is DVD Flick is so compatible to make a DVD with 5.1=6 channel from H.264 video (MP4 File)…?? I’m a fan of ConvertXtoDVD and used to make DVD’s of all my fav videos by it, and i’ve the latest full version of convertXtoDVD. but i don’t knw whether it is capable to make a DVD with 5.1=6 channel surround audio from a 5.1=6 channel encoded H.264 video (MP4 file)…??

so please answer me, which program is better for me DVD flick or ConvertXtoDVD…??[/QUOTE]?

I’ve the DVD Flick, but i’ve a doubt regarding DVD Flick, is DVD Flick is so compatible to make a DVD with 5.1=6 channel from H.264 video (MP4 File)…?? I’m a fan of ConvertXtoDVD and used to make DVD’s of all my fav videos by it, and i’ve the latest full version of convertXtoDVD. but i don’t knw whether it is capable to make a DVD with 5.1=6 channel surround audio from a 5.1=6 channel encoded H.264 video (MP4 file)…??

so please answer me, which program is better for me DVD flick or ConvertXtoDVD…??

There is no reason to make another thread with the same question sharvinzlife, so I’ve moved your second one into this first thread.

My advice is to [B]actually use[/B] the programs you’ve mentioned and see for yourself what they can produce from your files.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2439477]There is no reason to make another thread with the same question sharvinzlife, so I’ve moved your second one into this first thread.

My advice is to [B]actually use[/B] the programs you’ve mentioned and see for yourself what they can produce from your files.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks Kerry…, i wasn’t aware about the forum rules.:eek:

I’m a fan of ConvertXtoDVD and used to make DVD’s of all my fav videos by it, and i’ve the latest full version of convertXtoDVD. but i don’t knw whether it is capable to make a DVD with 5.1=6 channel surround audio from a 5.1=6 channel encoded H.264 video (MP4 file).

CX2D does not re-encode DVD compliant audio. If you have 6 ch AC3 going in you will have it going out. You can also convert 2 ch to AC3 5.1 if you so desire with it. I use 3.2.9.

Not sure but, I [I]think[/I] DVDFlick will [I]not[/I] re-encode 5.1 DVD compliant audio from source file(s)…

I’ve struggled with keeping AC3 5.1 sound with various DVD encoders; I never found a free 1-click solution. If you’re willing to pay for it then ConvertX will preserve a 5.1 soundtrack.

A free and higher quality (though slower) alternative that I found was to use FAVC in the usual manner, but then to extract the soundtrack from the original file (using Yamb and mp4box), and then edit the FAVC batch file to mux the original AC3 file in at the end rather than the stereo file that FAVC normally uses.

Another problem that I encountered was with AAC audio (often used with AVC/H264 video). The channel order is different from AC3 and most of the converters that I found don’t correct this problem; the best solution that I found was to convert the AAC to AC3 using foobar2000 and then use AVISynth to swap the channels, using the SoundOut() plugin to save the result e.g.

Audio=DirectShowSource("d:\cdtemp\avi\film.ac3")
ch1 = getChannel(Audio,1)
ch2 = getChannel(Audio,2)
ch3 = getChannel(Audio,3)
ch4 = getChannel(Audio,4)
ch5 = getChannel(Audio,5)
ch6 = getChannel(Audio,6)
mergeChannels(ch2,ch3,ch1,ch4,ch5,ch6) # swapped to correct order
SoundOut()

The correct order for the channels seems to be the source of some debate amongst the forums that I frequent; none of the suggested mappings that I found gave a correct output. The one that I eventually used gets the front left and front right channels in the correct order which is the most important thing from a consumer’s point of view.

Slainte

midders

[QUOTE=midders;2439776]I’ve struggled with keeping AC3 5.1 sound with various DVD encoders; I never found a free 1-click solution. If you’re willing to pay for it then ConvertX will preserve a 5.1 soundtrack.

A free and higher quality (though slower) alternative that I found was to use FAVC in the usual manner, but then to extract the soundtrack from the original file (using Yamb and mp4box), and then edit the FAVC batch file to mux the original AC3 file in at the end rather than the stereo file that FAVC normally uses.

Another problem that I encountered was with AAC audio (often used with AVC/H264 video). The channel order is different from AC3 and most of the converters that I found don’t correct this problem; the best solution that I found was to convert the AAC to AC3 using foobar2000 and then use AVISynth to swap the channels, using the SoundOut() plugin to save the result e.g.

Audio=DirectShowSource("d:\cdtemp\avi\film.ac3")
ch1 = getChannel(Audio,1)
ch2 = getChannel(Audio,2)
ch3 = getChannel(Audio,3)
ch4 = getChannel(Audio,4)
ch5 = getChannel(Audio,5)
ch6 = getChannel(Audio,6)
mergeChannels(ch2,ch3,ch1,ch4,ch5,ch6) # swapped to correct order
SoundOut()

The correct order for the channels seems to be the source of some debate amongst the forums that I frequent; none of the suggested mappings that I found gave a correct output. The one that I eventually used gets the front left and front right channels in the correct order which is the most important thing from a consumer’s point of view.

Slainte

midders[/QUOTE]

Thank u so much midders u r the real cd freak…, u knw evthin to get it for me…, thanks a lot …, as u told I’m havin AAC audio used with H264 video. i was mistaken as ACC in the top. i hope i folow the instructions given you do right to get what i want. Knowledge is power. share what you knw.

ConvertX is far more superior than DVDF;lick when it comes to HD video content… and I’m sure it would take the 5.1 source AAC and convert it just fine to AC3 5.1…

If you’ve tried out the free trial of ConvertX and decide that you do want to buy it… then this promo code gets you 40% off.
http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=B9KHJTgY5Sb7BFYOSsAOjxpmWCvPe_oIB19eN_AjC65SRBqCNBggAEAEYASDHmPgFMAE4AFDz3fHb_v____8BYMm2z4fko6QXyAEB2QMCJwfRREmrXuADCA&sig=AGiWqtwBKUUMIdMWF7YC32tYPCpP7oCY6g&q=http://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi%3Fitem%3D7553-6%26affiliate%3D91887%26ss_coupon%3DAPP-CM2M-URL%26ss_cart_reset%3Dtrue
And it’s from the same RegNow site that VSO does their payments thru… in other words, if you were to go to the VSO website, then click buy now, it takes you to the RegNow site to finish the purchase… I just stumbled onto this page when I was looking to purchase it before.

BTW… you don’t need the CD so remove it from the cart. lol:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=midders;2439776]I’ve struggled with keeping AC3 5.1 sound with various DVD encoders; I never found a free 1-click solution. If you’re willing to pay for it then ConvertX will preserve a 5.1 soundtrack.

A free and higher quality (though slower) alternative that I found was to use FAVC in the usual manner, but then to extract the soundtrack from the original file (using Yamb and mp4box), and then edit the FAVC batch file to mux the original AC3 file in at the end rather than the stereo file that FAVC normally uses… [/QUOTE]
FAVC 1.06 should retain the original 5.1 ac3, 1.07 does not. Best to just switch over to AVStoDVD (free) a much more mature and sophisticated app that does everything the long abandoned FAVC can and more. It too will pass DVD compliant audio untouched and I believe MrC has or is addressing the channel mapping with AAC.

[QUOTE=MBK;2439844]ConvertX is far more superior than DVDF;lick when it comes to HD video content… and I’m sure it would take the 5.1 source AAC and convert it just fine to AC3 5.1…

If you’ve tried out the free trial of ConvertX and decide that you do want to buy it… then this promo code gets you 40% off.
http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=B9KHJTgY5Sb7BFYOSsAOjxpmWCvPe_oIB19eN_AjC65SRBqCNBggAEAEYASDHmPgFMAE4AFDz3fHb_v____8BYMm2z4fko6QXyAEB2QMCJwfRREmrXuADCA&sig=AGiWqtwBKUUMIdMWF7YC32tYPCpP7oCY6g&q=http://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi%3Fitem%3D7553-6%26affiliate%3D91887%26ss_coupon%3DAPP-CM2M-URL%26ss_cart_reset%3Dtrue
And it’s from the same RegNow site that VSO does their payments thru… in other words, if you were to go to the VSO website, then click buy now, it takes you to the RegNow site to finish the purchase… I just stumbled onto this page when I was looking to purchase it before.

BTW… you don’t need the CD so remove it from the cart. lol:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your support MBK. No worries man i’ve got the final full version of ConvertXtoDVD, i guess i dnt need to pay a single penny for programes, as long as my virtual world (torrents) is alive. i’m still not sure about ConvertXtoDVD could convert ACC encoded file that i have to 5.1 channel output to watch over in my home theater, since different individuals here giving different description about ConvertXtoDVD and ACC encoded file. i’ll find myself what i’m getting from it and revert u guys. but all i can say is ConvertXtoDVd is best program i ever used…!! hope this thread will help others too, who r searchin for same query…
Thanks a lot guys for makin this thread active.

[QUOTE=MysticEyes;2439857]FAVC 1.06 should retain the original 5.1 ac3, 1.07 does not. Best to just switch over to AVStoDVD (free) a much more mature and sophisticated app that does everything the long abandoned FAVC can and more. It too will pass DVD compliant audio untouched and I believe MrC has or is addressing the channel mapping with AAC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pointers; I guess you just get used to using one set of tools once you’ve solved a problem. To be honest, I’ve not used FAVC for some time as most of my encoding these days is to XVID using VirtualDubMod. I definitely need a modern PC, though, as 7-8 hours to encode a movie in high quality brings me back to the days of converting DVD to SVCD, before DVD writers were affordable.

Think my laptop is showing its age, a bit like me… :frowning:

Slainte

midders

Thanks guys for all you support. After wandering and craving a lot over the web, i eventually found that ConvertXtoDVD can convert AAC H264 5.1=6 channel to AC3 5.1= channel by manually changing a Audio setting in ConvertXtoDVD’s settings.

And the AC3 5.1= channel is supported the ConvertXtoDVD to burn as a DVD i wanted and Enjoy in my home theater with 5.1=6 channel out put.
so i either don’t wanna use FAVC. Yamb or mp4box for the task.

i guess i’ve got the answer and this thread should be closed, Once again thanks for every one’s participation. Kudos…!!

[QUOTE=sharvinzlife;2440047]Thanks guys for all you support. After wandering and craving a lot over the web, i eventually found that ConvertXtoDVD can convert [B]AAC H264 5.1=6 channel to AC3 5.1= channel by manually changing a Audio setting[/B] in ConvertXtoDVD’s settings.

And the AC3 5.1= channel is supported the ConvertXtoDVD to burn as a DVD i wanted and Enjoy in my home theater with 5.1=6 channel out put.
so i either don’t wanna use FAVC. Yamb or mp4box for the task.

i guess i’ve got the answer and this thread should be closed, Once again thanks for every one’s participation. Kudos…!![/QUOTE]
You don’t have to change anything, [B]Automatic[/B] will retain the 6 channels of AAC while converting them to DVD compliant AC3 5.1. The only time time you would manually enter AC3 5.1 in CX2D would be if you want to convert [B]2 channel[/B] input audio to 5.1 channels.

Yea you are absolutely right MysticEyes…, I’ve checked it, ‘n’ My sweet ConvertXtoDVD can convert AAc 5.1, H.264 video to DVD 5.1 (Dolby Digital), without makin any change to the settings, And i could enjoy the Surround 6 channel affect it on Home theatre. Once again Thank U guys. After all worries…, i guess i shouldn’t have made this thread. May be it was my curiosity and scare that it would lose the quality and couldn’t able to watch it with same 5.1 channel ot put in my Home theatre.

Kudos to VSO to make an Awesome program like ConvertXtoDVD with all its features.