How to limit Lite-On LH-20A1P to 16x or 18x Read?

vbimport

I would like to see my Lite-On LH-20A1P drive not create so much noise.

Is there a firmware flash or something that can limit the reading speed to accomplish that? If so could you please help me find that solution?

Thank you

Hi,

there are tools like CDbremse or Nerö Drive Speed that are able to slow down an optical drive. Not sure if they work with all drives, and I am not sure either if they will slow down the drive with DVD either.

Michael

My drive make a bloody horrible racket too usually only when starting to read/write a disk though, Did you find anything that worked for you?

[QUOTE=T1Cybernetic;2494310]My drive make a bloody horrible racket too usually only when starting to read/write a disk though, Did you find anything that worked for you?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reply

I did not find any solution so will replace the Lite-On LH-20A1P with something else soon.

[QUOTE=SubZero;2501988]Thank you for reply

I did not find any solution so will replace the Lite-On LH-20A1P with something else soon.[/QUOTE]

To be honest i have pretty much come to the same conclusion :wink: If i come across a drive that i think will be a worthy replacement then i will buy it and put this liteon drive in the other pc.

Cheers for the reply :bow: