How to know the quality of movie I'm downloading?

Hello.
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but it does concern the quality of DVD that can be burned.
How can I tell the quality of movie avi. file I’m downloading from the internet?
Typically, when burning a movie from a downloaded avi. file, I’ve found that it can pixellate - especially in the black areas. This doesn’t happen if ripping a rented DVD.
I would like to have a reasonable quality of DVD that is a good picture quality without serious visual defects.
Please advise me on how to improve my DVD burning when using downloaded avi. files from the internet :bow:
TC

Oops!

Agree

I have the strange idea that if you buy the DVD, the picture quality would improve immediately.

[QUOTE=tropic;2172527]Oops![/QUOTE]

Really big oops!

[QUOTE=camellote;2172603]I have the strange idea that if you buy the DVD, the picture quality would improve immediately.[/QUOTE]

I have the strange idea that buying the blu-ray version, the picture quality would improve much more :p:p:p:p:p

[QUOTE=timclyma;2172515]Hello.
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but it does concern the quality of DVD that can be burned.
[B]How can I tell the quality of movie avi.[/B] file I’m downloading from the internet?
Typically, when burning a movie from a downloaded avi. file, I’ve found that it can pixellate - especially in the black areas. This doesn’t happen if ripping a rented DVD.
I would like to have a reasonable quality of DVD that is a good picture quality without serious visual defects.
Please advise me on how to improve my DVD burning when using downloaded avi. files from the internet :bow:
TC[/QUOTE]

Buy it and READ the forum rules carefully!

[QUOTE=timclyma;2172515]This doesn’t happen if ripping a rented DVD.[/QUOTE]Right: you’ve been given once previous chance to read the rules; now this is the second and final warning.

We cannot help you make copies of commercial material; the copyright of which you do not own. Is that clear enough?

[I]Thread closed.[/I]