How to join video files

vbimport

hi
I downloaded 10 files are( xx.avi.001.html) in this format. .
first file is playing very well with vlc player after that no file playing . I tried to join the files with hjsplit but it is not showing any file on the downloaded files folder:sad:

please tell me how to add these files into single files .
pls any one help me on this.:confused:
pls…pls…pls…

hi
please tell me how to add this two files in to single file
xx.avi.001.html and xx.avi.002.html

pls can any one tell how to do that

Two threads merged to avoid confusion.

One thread is enough…

[QUOTE=babu550;2468858]hi
please tell me how to add this two files in to single file
xx.avi.001.html and xx.avi.002.html

pls can any one tell how to do that[/QUOTE]
hi
i downlaoded a movie it is in 10 files . These files are xx.avi.001.html ,xx.avi.002.html,… like this format
i played first one it is playing very well on VLC from second onwards no files are playing . i tried to merge these files with HJSPLIT but it is not showing any thing on the downloaded folder.
so please tell me how to join these files into single file

Try VirtualDub. Rename all segments as xx.001.avi, xx.002.avi, etc, then load the first one in virtualdub, go to menu File --> append and select the second segment, go again to File --> append and select the third segment, and so on.

Once all segments are loaded, press F7, and save the merged files on a folder.

@babu550: calm down. Your post is here, and if someone can help you they will. It doesn’t help to bump your thread up every 10 minutes.

PS, like my friend geno888…

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2468875]
PS, like my friend geno888…[/QUOTE]

:disagree: You use AviDemux :p:p:p:p:p:p

I tried to add on virtualDub but it showing unsupported file type

I used avidemux
but it says could not open the file …
like that it show’s error message

Can you open each segment one at time in virtualdub?

Maybe the downloaded files are corrupted.

Remove the “.html” from the end of the files and use 7 zip to join them…

Both of the avi clips/videos have to be the same specifications, for easily joining them with AVidemux or VD…Chances are they’re not the same…But, I’m going to agree with geno888, that is perhaps a corrupt download.
Use Gspot or MediaInfo to ID the AVIs…

Try WinRar to unpack the files. If I recall correctly, when the extension is .001, .002, etc. the file was taken apart by a file compressing prog such as that. You may have to remove the .html extension.

Hi geno888,
I open one one segment but it show 's error “not supported file”

hi
k what i have to do with Gspot
i download that one and i open the first file then what is the procedure …

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2470814]Both of the avi clips/videos have to be the same specifications, for easily joining them with AVidemux or VD…Chances are they’re not the same…But, I’m going to agree with geno888, that is perhaps a corrupt download.
Use Gspot or MediaInfo to ID the AVIs…[/QUOTE]

hi,
i tried to remove the html ut it is not removing it is downloaded with browser format and i played with vlc first file was played well from ssecond owards it is not playing

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2470815]Try WinRar to unpack the files. If I recall correctly, when the extension is .001, .002, etc. the file was taken apart by a file compressing prog such as that. You may have to remove the .html extension.[/QUOTE]

Then you might have to bite the bullet and buy the movie…