How to introduce the original layer break position in Imgburn while burning dls using cloned images from dvdfab?

vbimport

hi,
I usually use the clone option in dvdfab for my favorite movies &then burn them on verb. dls using imgburn after properly setting it up using the guide in the forum with burn speed at 4x.
But some of my dls tends to freeze at the layer breaks ,so how can i use the original layer breaks of the movies to make perfect clones?
Is “seamless” a better option?
I hv recently burnt Sherlock holmes on a verb dl using imgburn,selected the “blue star” layer break position,burn completed successfully but still its freezing up.
Pl. Help.

I’m also using the clone option, and would love to know the answer to that as well…

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2517960]hi,
I usually use the clone option in dvdfab for my favorite movies &then burn them on verb. dls using imgburn after properly setting it up using the guide in the forum with burn speed at 4x.
But some of my dls tends to freeze at the layer breaks ,so how can i use the original layer breaks of the movies to make perfect clones?
Is “seamless” a better option?
I hv recently burnt Sherlock holmes on a verb dl using imgburn,selected the “blue star” layer break position,burn completed successfully but still its freezing up.
Pl. Help.[/QUOTE]

Hi rohiniro

Sorry you are having this issue :frowning:

Here is my thoughts on your problem…
when using the clone mode DVDFab will use the original layer break, however to keep it you must use the VSO software(PCouffin)-> the default burn engine for DVDFab, reason for this is because when using ImgBurn as the burn engine you have to select a layer break manually and if you don’t select the exact layer break that DVDFab has kept during the clone process it may cause a conflict as you are having…

If you have DVDFab and ImgBurn setup as listed in my guide below I suggest you use full disc mode which is basically like clone mode except you have the option to either keep or remove the layer break, also I myself always burn my Verbatim D/L media at 2.4x even the ones with a higher rated speed…burning at 4x doesn’t really save you that much time during the burn.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2518016]Hi rohiniro

Sorry you are having this issue :frowning:

Here is my thoughts on your problem…
when using the clone mode DVDFab will use the original layer break, however to keep it you must use the VSO software(PCouffin)-> the default burn engine for DVDFab, reason for this is because when using ImgBurn as the burn engine you have to select a layer break manually and if you don’t select the exact layer break that DVDFab has kept during the clone process it may cause a conflict as you are having…

If you have DVDFab and ImgBurn setup as listed in my guide below I suggest you use full disc mode which is basically like clone mode except you have the option to either keep or remove the layer break, also I myself always burn my Verbatim D/L media at 2.4x even the ones with a higher rated speed…burning at 4x doesn’t really save you that much time during the burn.

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]
Dear SJ,
thanks for the reply.but there are 2 problems:

1. With the VSO engine( previously i used it): i could not control the burning speed . i had set it to 2.3x & also 4x in the dvdfab setup but it burns at almost maximum speeds.besides there is a general consensus that imgburn is better.
    can u control the burning spped in VSO now?
    2.i hv fixed the burn speed at 2.3x linked to my verb media id according to yur guide. but whenever i burn i get: (copied from imgburn log of sherlock holmes)
    W 22:14:25 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 3,324 KB/s (2.4x), Got: 5,540 KB/s (4x) & my writer is:ASUS DRW-1814BL.
    so how do i set the writer to burn at 2.4x?
    also what about seamless burning?

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2518069]Dear SJ,
thanks for the reply.but there are 2 problems:

1. With the VSO engine( previously i used it): i could not control the burning speed . i had set it to 2.3x & also 4x in the dvdfab setup but it burns at almost maximum speeds.besides there is a general consensus that imgburn is better.
    can u control the burning spped in VSO now?
    2.i hv fixed the burn speed at 2.3x linked to my verb media id according to yur guide. but whenever i burn i get: (copied from imgburn log of sherlock holmes)
    W 22:14:25 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 3,324 KB/s (2.4x), Got: 5,540 KB/s (4x) & my writer is:ASUS DRW-1814BL.
    so how do i set the writer to burn at 2.4x?
    also what about seamless burning?[/QUOTE]

It has been a very long time since I used the default burn engine, I love ImgBurn and will use no other :bigsmile: just go with my suggestion on “Full Disc” mode and in DVDFab’s common settings check the box to remove the layer break because like I said using ImgBurn you have to select one manually in ImgBurn prior to the burn anyway which selecting a blue star is usually the best choice

When you set the burn speed within ImgBurn per the guide did you also set the burn/write speed in DVDFab’s common settings-> “Write” to ([B]Recommended[/B]) ?

The seamless layer break option is alright if you have a DVD player that can handle it
but some players just won’t handle it that good at least that’s what I’ve heard but I
might be completely wrong about it too. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

[QUOTE=getit29;2518074]The seamless layer break option is alright if you have a DVD player that can handle it
but [B]some players just won’t handle it that good [/B]at least that’s what I’ve heard but I
might be completely wrong about it too. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:[/QUOTE]

I have read that too however I have yet had a problem with it or found a standalone DVD player that has an issue with it…

course this setting will not help the OP problem or issue .

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2518073]It has been a very long time since I used the default burn engine, I love ImgBurn and will use no other :bigsmile: just go with my suggestion on “Full Disc” mode and in DVDFab’s common settings check the box to remove the layer break because like I said using ImgBurn you have to select one manually in ImgBurn prior to the burn anyway which selecting a blue star is usually the best choice

When you set the burn speed within ImgBurn per the guide did you also set the burn/write speed in DVDFab’s common settings-> “Write” to ([B]Recommended[/B]) ?[/QUOTE]

i usually copy the image to my hard drive & then go separately for the burn using imgburn.
but am still getting the “write speed miscompare” error & the burn speed at 4x

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2518077]i usually copy the image to my hard drive & then go separately for the burn using imgburn.
but am still getting the “write speed miscompare” error & the burn speed at 4x[/QUOTE]

What Drive/burner do you have ? (brand and model and the firmware)

Do you have more then one burner ? if so do you get this message on the other burner ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2518079]What Drive/burner do you have ? (brand and model and the firmware)

Do you have more then one burner ? if so do you get this message on the other burner ?[/QUOTE]

i hv 2 but use only one as the other is not working.
i am using ASUS DRW-1814BL. burner…not much idea abt. the firmware though.

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2518081]i hv 2 but use only one as the other is not working.
i am using ASUS DRW-1814BL. burner…not much idea abt. the firmware though.[/QUOTE]

Open DVDFab and select your burner as the source and it will show the firmware.

Thanks for the ‘primer’, SJ! :bow: I’ll try it on my next burn.

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2518150]Thanks for the ‘primer’, SJ! :bow: I’ll try it on my next burn.[/QUOTE]

:wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2518082]Open DVDFab and select your burner as the source and it will show the firmware.[/QUOTE]

i think the firmware is 1.14( that is what is showing in dvdfab along with the name & number of the burner)

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2518263]i think the firmware is 1.14( that is what is showing in dvdfab along with the name & number of the burner)[/QUOTE]

The “write speed miscompare” error can be related to the firmware, are you sure the firmware is 1.14 ? I did a search for your drive and could only find a firmware version of 1.13 :confused: