How to install Plextools with Upgrade only

vbimport

Hello!

I’m sorry if this has been mentioned before or if this topic isn’t allowed. I couldn’t find it in a search.

If one has only the Upgrade Version of the Plextools available, it can be installed anyway when a certain Key is present in the Windows Registry.

File: Plextools.reg

Import the file into the Registry and the Update should work. Last tested with Plextools 1.15 (my original Floppy was damaged).

db

it also works with Plextools v1.19

Did any one tryed this tip ?

From this thread:

I finally got around to trying my new plextools 1.19 download software from the “fake out” using the registry key…
It works for me!!! yea…yea…

Great Post, I’ve lost my plextools CD, and i was trying to install the latest version… with no sucess because i didn’t have the full version installed.

With this code added to the registry, i’ve installed Plextools Pro 2.09 with sucess :slight_smile:

Once Again Thanks :slight_smile:

i just installed the full version which is 8MB from the european plextor site??? never used the cd :stuck_out_tongue:

Never expected this thread to be ever revived. What a pleasant surprise !

I have the American 708A and it didnt come with Plextools. I used this trick and downloaded the upgrade from plextor’s site, and it works great. version 2.08 i think.

Does anyone know if the updates will work with PlexTools v2.01 that came bundled with my PX-W5224A (non-Premium)? I noticed to my dismay that this version does not support c1 c2 error detection in the CD Test module. I thought I might have read somewhere that this feature only worked with the Premiums at this time. Has anyone been successful using it with a non-Premium drive?

Originally posted by Prowler

Does anyone know if the updates will work with PlexTools v2.01 that came bundled with my PX-W5224A (non-Premium)?

I noticed to my dismay that this version does not support c1 c2 error detection in the CD Test module.
Yes, it should work okay.

Q-Check is only available in the Premium.

Import what file?, cant get this work!!

You have to save the file as a .REG file and then execute it which will import the settings into your registry.

Save what file?, all above is just a txt msg, no file to save? give me specific’s on how to save a txt file as .reg

Originally posted by Budman62

Save what file ?

If one has only the Upgrade Version of the Plextools available,
it can be installed anyway when a certain Key is present in the Windows Registry.

File: Plextools.reg

Originally posted by Budman62
Save what file?, all above is just a txt msg, no file to save? give me specific’s on how to save a txt file as .reg

Open notepad -> paste the text->save as->choose ‘all files’ and name the file: plex.reg

Note: you should only copy the following text:

Works with 2.11

Save it in your my documents folder. It doesn’t matter if it’s saved in the same place as your upgrade.

Roughrob wrote:

Thanks,DVD-ADDICT,what they also forgot to mention,is where ever the .reg file is, it has to dbl-clicked,the it will ask you if you want to put the .reg file in your registry,you reply,and it’s in there

Your welcome! All I did on mine was right click on it to merge and installed fine from that point.:slight_smile:

Is it legal to use this method to install Plextools if one does has a drive from Plextor?

Originally posted by Gamezgirl

Is it legal to use this method to install Plextools if one does has a drive from Plextor?

PLEXTOR END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

For software products: PlexTools® and PlexTools Professional® (full installation file or upgrade file)
(“software”)
IMPORTANT: This is a legal license agreement between you, the end user, and Plextor S.A./N.V.
By installing this software you agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement. The user is encouraged to respect applicable copyright laws and not to use this software for any illegal actions or purposes.
If you do not agree, do not install or use the software and promptly remove all installed versions of this software.

1. Ownership and copyright.

This software is owned by Plextor S.A./N.V. and is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties. Plextor S.A./N.V. grants you permission and license to install and use this software under the conditions of this agreement.

2. Use of the software.

Your rights to use the software are as specified in this agreement.
By installing this software you agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
If you do not agree, do not install or use the software and promptly remove all installed versions of this software.

Unless you have received specific written permission from Plextor S.A./N.V. that entitles you to exception to this agreement, you are allowed to:
• Install the software from an original installation disc that is delivered to you as part of a software bundle that is sold with a Plextor drive.
• Upgrade an existing version of the software that was installed from an original installation disc that is delivered to you as part of a software bundle that is sold with a Plextor drive, by means of an
upgrade file that has been made available by Plextor S.A./N.V. through email or website download.
You are allowed to install the software on one or more computers on the condition that you are the owner. Companies are allowed to install the software on one or more corporate computers on the condition that they are the owner.
You are allowed to make a duplicate of the installation disc or upgrade file for backup and archival purposes only.

3. Restrictions

You may not, without specific written permission from Plextor S.A./N.V.:
• Disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the software
• Modify the software or the installation files
• Install the software from a copied duplicate of the original installation disc.
• Copy, pass on, sell, rent, lease, email or make available on internet, any portion of the software.
• Copy, pass on, sell, rent, lease, email or make available on internet, the contents of the installation
disc.
• Copy, pass on, sell, rent, lease, email or make available on internet, the upgrade file.

1. No warranty

The software is delivered to you AS IS and Plextor S.A./N.V. makes no warranty as to its use, test results or performance.
In no event will Plextor S.A./N.V. be held liable for any damage or in case of unreadable discs caused by the software.
PLEXTOR S.A. / N.V., Excelsiorlaan 9, B-1930 Zaventem, Belgium