How to install (Mad Dog Multimedia Dominator MD-8XDVDRW-PM)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Mad Dog Multimedia Dominator MD-8XDVDRW-PM. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I bought a Mad Dog DVD WR at office max. I finally got the currage to install it.

I had a Samsung player but it quit working, so I thought I would replace it with a writer. I also had a Son CD writer on the compputer.

The CD player continued to work so I did not really need the DVD.

I installed it today and now the computer will not recognize either drive as installed. They both have lights come on upon booting. and the tray opens and closes.

What went wrong in the installation or how can I trouble shoot this product. I can not find the installation booklet or setup guide. Havn’t been able to find it on the internet.

Hi and Welcome![quote=MFee;2177486][qanda]This thread is about the Mad Dog Multimedia Dominator MD-8XDVDRW-PM. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I bought a Mad Dog DVD WR at office max. I finally got the currage to install it. [/quote]Maddog went out of business, and the drive is really old now. You shouldn’t have waited that long :wink:

I installed it today and now the computer will not recognize either drive as installed. They both have lights come on upon booting. and the tray opens and closes.

What went wrong in the installation or how can I trouble shoot this product.
I suspect, the jumpers of your drives are not set correctly. On one drive (that at the end of the cable) it must be set as master, on the other drive, the jumper has to be set to slave position then.

I can not find the installation booklet or setup guide. Havn’t been able to find it on the internet.
This is a recycled NEC drive, so you should be able to find some documentation on NEC support website. Look for older 8x DVD burners there.

Michael