How to increase download slots on frostwire?

vbimport

i started my p2p first with limewire…the downloads were pretty fast…but i could download only 3 at a time…so i downloaded frostwire(said to be similar to limewire pro)thinking i could increase the number of simultaneous downloads…but even it can download only 3 at a time…so how do i download more…?

the only other p2p i have with many more download slots is utorrent…but if system crashes…utorrent lot of the times looses its downlloads…cant continue…is there any other software with all functions similar to utorrent but also allows continue stopped downloads like limewire can do???

on frostwire go to tools in the opions click downloads on top you can select how many dl you want to do at one time

[QUOTE=shobith;2127419]the only other p2p i have with many more download slots is utorrent…but if system crashes…utorrent lot of the times looses its downlloads…cant continue…is there any other software with all functions similar to utorrent but also allows continue stopped downloads like limewire can do???[/QUOTE]

I don’t know but what version of utorrent are you using? I always backup my utorrent folder info in my documents so if crash occurs I can recover the data. I never had problems starting stopped downloads. I have utorrent 8 right now. If your having crashes you might have more problems that you should diagnosis before downloading again.

I’ve never lost anything using utorrent - but I use full allocation.
You just stop something & run a recheck …
Schedule an occasional backup of your utorrent work folder (not your data files) if you’re paranoid.

i am currently running frostwire at downloads 30(TOOLS>>OPTIONS>>>DOWNLOADS>>>)still it downloads only 3 at a time…

i am using utorrent version 1.7.7(the latest i think is 1.8.1 beta.u must be talkin about bittorrent 8)…and i am using firefox 3…so i usually dont get to save the .torrent files…i can continue stopped downloads only if it is still in the list…i am on a 2am to 8am unlimitted connection…so my downloads take place at night…i do it with my monitor off…if in the middle of the night there is power failure(does happen at my place) my ups just doesnot provide me with unlimited power(when i switch on the monitor my ups goes down…well that is problem with my ups)…so i have to do a forced shutdown…1 in 5 times atleast has utorrent started showing 0 in the list(i.e. download 0…active 0…so on)if i am faced with such a problem how do i continue my downloads…frostwire has a tab calle libraries…which shows all previous downloads both complete and incomplete…i can continue from there…

and what do u mean by torrent folder info…

how different is bittorrent from utorrent…both are of the same company…

i have not found how to iincrease number of downloads on frostwire yet but found out how to continue downloads in utorrent…just i had to open the original .torrent file using utorrrent and it will continue after checking…the problem was since i am using firefox the .torrent files went to temp and got deleted(so i thought)…but i found them all in a folder called application data hidden in documents and settings…

I’m using FW for a month now and I never found out how to increase the number of download slots. My top number is five. Once it got down to 4 and I installed FW again, it started with 5 again… no idea how to change that. Preferences/download : max downloads, you can put 5000 it doesn’t change anything.

When I start some torrents the bandwith speed deacreases to 0 and I have to disconnect, reconnect, disconnect… until it starts again. Once It even started to download while FW was disconnected!!! I’m serious, the bandwith speed had never been so high…

It works now, but I’m just curious about those mysteries…
thx

use maxim bandwidth to increase torrent slots. : tools -options - speed . change it to the highest possible speed.“t3 or above” fixed!