How to include subtitles?

vbimport

I noticed that the newest Beta (8.1.8.7) has a way to include subtitles when converting from Blu-ray.

I just got a movie (My Life So Far) that was listed to have close captions, but didn’t have either them or subtitles. I was able to download the subtitles (srt file) for this film. I can include them with VLC Media Player.

But I’d like to put the movie - with the subtitles - on a disc. Is there a way to do this in DVDFab?

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2637899]I noticed that the newest Beta (8.1.8.7) has a way to include subtitles when converting from Blu-ray.

I just got a movie (My Life So Far) that was listed to have close captions, but didn’t have either them or subtitles. I was able to download the subtitles (srt file) for this film. I can include them with VLC Media Player.

But I’d like to put the movie - with the subtitles - on a disc. Is there a way to do this in DVDFab?[/QUOTE]

I think that’s just a fix to enable proper extraction of forced sub-titles from the original disc.

DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper can extract the sub-titles to a file or encode existing ones into the video but I don’t know that it can reimport them.

DVDFab Video Converter can as part of a conversion but I don’t think that meets your needs.

Is it a Blu-ray or a conversion to DVD you’re trying to produce?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2637994]
Is it a Blu-ray or a conversion to DVD you’re trying to produce?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

DVD movie that came without subtitles. Downloaded subtitles from an external source. Want to make a copy that includes the subtitles.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2638267]DVD movie that came without subtitles. Downloaded subtitles from an external source. Want to make a copy that includes the subtitles.[/QUOTE]

Seeing that you are asking about a process that can’t be done with DVDFab I have moved your thread to the ‘Movie Copy Software’ forum where you can receive suggestions and help with other software.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2638267]DVD movie that came without subtitles. Downloaded subtitles from an external source. Want to make a copy that includes the subtitles.[/QUOTE]

There are two freeware programs that you may find useful, one is SubtitleCreator and the other is DVDSubEdit.

SubtitleCreator will do pretty much what you want but you may or may not find the additional features of DVDSubEdit useful.

SubtitleCreator can also convert SRTs to SUP files which DVDSubEdit can import (if you prefer to use DVDSubEdit).

There are guides for both these programs on the websites I’ve linked to.

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B]