How to identify the format of a CD/DVD image

Hello!

Is there any program that can help identify the format of a cd/dvd image?

You can mount the image with something like UltraISO and then if it isn’t obvious by looking at the files, use Gspot to determine audio and video formats.

Well, it is neigher an audio, nor a video cd/dvd image. It is a data cd/dvd image and I wonder if the image format is .img, .iso, .nrg, etc.

They’re all the same - just rename with the file extension to whatever you want.

Nero calls their ISO images ‘.nrg’.

OK, but if I mount a .nrg image into daemon tools and make an ISO file from it (e.g. with WinISO) or an .img file (with CloneCD) the resulting .iso and .img files are binary different from one another and from the .nrg file. This should mean, that the .nrg and the .iso files are different formats or no?

What exactly are you trying to do? Burn an image?

I have an image and I would like to know its format. That is, I want to know whether the image is in the ISO format, in CloneCD’s IMG format, in Nero’s NRG format, etc.

[quote=imkidd57;1957056]They’re all the same - just rename with the file extension to whatever you want.

Nero calls their ISO images ‘.nrg’.[/quote]

Man, I did not know that. Methinks I’m going to be spending a lot of time reading in here.

[QUOTE=BigMan;1957762]I have an image and I would like to know its format. That is, I want to know whether the image is in the ISO format, in CloneCD’s IMG format, in Nero’s NRG format, etc.[/QUOTE]

You should ask those who have created it.

Try [B]AcetoneISO[/B] it’s identified every format I tried so far MDF, NRG, CCD/IMG, CDI, XBOX, B5I/BWI, PDI, DAA. :slight_smile: