How To Get the Perfect Rip?

ok. i have a question. i have DVDFab Decrypter. but for some DVDs i rip, when i play, they skip at certain parts of the dvd. is there any way at all to prevent this from happening? please get back to me. thanks.

[QUOTE=lance_21;1923491]ok. i have a question. i have DVDFab Decrypter. but for some DVDs i rip, when i play, they skip at certain parts of the dvd. is there any way at all to prevent this from happening? please get back to me. thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi lance
I see you are using DVDFab Decrypter do you mean DVDFab [B]HD[/B] Decrypter "Latest version "
what program are you using to burn to your blank media also what brand is it, when you do the backup stop all internet traffic and close any programs running in the background

hey. thanks for the info.

i’m using the basic DVD fab. not HD. i also use roxio to burn to DVD, but for the most part, i leave the ripped DVD on an external harddrive to that i can watch them later on from a computer. And just wondering:

how can i disable programs that are running in the background?

Hello Lance :slight_smile:

StormJumper asked what media (brand and speed of discs) you’re using…could you let us know please? Skipping and/or freezing is a common media or burn speed-related problem. :wink:

You say you leave most of them on an external drive. Do the dvds skip when you play them from this drive or only on the ones that you have burned?

hey. thanks for the help. um.

the dics that i use are Memorex DVD-R x16.

but like i said before. i really don’t like ripping the movies to DVDs, so i usually just keep them on an external hard drive.
and certain ones skip, after they are ripped to my external and played from my external. and some skip after they are burned to a DVD. i’m thinking its a ripping issue… correct?

Does seem like a ripping problem. What are you using to rip the movies to the harddrive?

If your not using this, try DVDFab HD Decrypter for your ripping purposes.

could be your computer pauses for a moment not the video skipping? could you post some info about your system? what video player software are you using to play the video? are you doing anything else during the rip process? are you doing anything else while watching the video?

if you don’t know much about your computer there is a free test you can run at pcpitstop.com. click on full test, new user. registration is free or you can choose not to create an account. this will tell you a lot about your computer and give advise on how to keep it running smoothly. they try to sell you some programs but just ignore the ads. actually you can download them for free and use them to analyze you system. then make the changes manually.

there is a neat program called pc wizard 2008 which will tell you a lot about your computer.

you can use ccleaner to manage startup programs and delete unused and temporary files. also regseeker can be used to manage startup programs and clean the windows registry. there are programs which run in the background called services that start with windows. these can be managed by going to start - run - services.msc, some are needed for windows to run so read up on them here at the elder geek.

thanks, troy

p.s. try the pcpitstop full test i think you will like it.:slight_smile: