How to get the AUDIO_TS folder on the DVD

Hi,

I have been reading about the AUDIO_TS folder needing to be on the DVD for compatibility reasons. I have read several forums about this but don’t know how to burn it on the DVD with the VIDEO_TS folder.

I use DVD2One 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 with slecting the CopyToDVD option and once DVD2One is done it automatically launches CopyToDVD and burns the movie.

I have read somewhere to create the AUDIO_TS folder in the same folder that I create the VIDEO_TS folder for DVD2One to use. I have done that but the AUDIO_TS folder isn’t burned.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Is the AUDIO_TS file necessary for your set top to play the DVD? In most cases, it isn’t: In fact, there’s some commercial DVDs that don’t have an AUDIO_TS folder. Most newer models don’t need the file to play, so if you’re planing on loaning copies to relatives, friends, or whomever, there may well be no problem with them being able to read them.

If still in doubt, you may try burning with Nero just to be on the safe side…

Unless Rene – or someone else out there – knows of a better way (?).

Download the latest update/version of CopytoDVD. This version adds automatically the AUDIO_TS folder.:slight_smile:

Imgtools, a freeware tool available from the download section at www.doom9.org , will also create the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders for you. If you decide to use this tool, I would opt for Imgtools Version 0.99.9 Classic.

@michael_c135

See there? There ya go! All set.

@aaron1es

How well’s that work? I was lucky enough to buy a version of Nero that hasn’t caused me any trouble just by clicking on the “Create Video DVD” option in the wizard. BAM! VIDEO_TS along with AUDIO_TS. I still haven’t had any compatibility issues – despite having made backups of other people’s movies for them and burning them with that. *

But I’m all for keeping my options open, which is why I ask.

*NOT FOR PROFIT – AND THE DISKS I MADE BACKUPS FOR BELONGED TO THE PEOPLE WHO ASKED ME TO DO THEM SO RELAX, GUYS!

You dont really need the audio ts folder i have burned many dvd,s and have not used this folder once and have had no problems and i also know someone who has backed up his entire dvd colection without this folder…