How to get round Invalid Key

vbimport

My recntly bought Matsui M22DVDB19 combi will not play ‘home’ recorded dvd’s; the signal comes up Invalid Key.
How can I get around this ? and is it because I haven’t finalised the dvds and being ignorant; how do I finalsie these recorded discs.

Thanks (in hope)

Cannary :eek:

You can finalise the disks with ImgBurn (Tools->Drive->Close->Disk). This may or may not solve your problem. Check in your manual to find out what type of disks your unit supports, i.e. DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, etc.

It’s also worth checking if your unit supports playback of region-free DVD Video disks. If not then set the region of your recorded disks to match the region of your player (DVDShrink can do this for you.)

Slainte

midders
P.S. the ‘invalid key’ message has me thinking that your machine might only support playback of commercial disks and so is expecting a CSS protected disk.

If you have the manual for the recorder, it should show how to finalize the disks.

I’ve never heard of a player that will only play CSS protected disks Midders. Have you run into one?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2471443]I’ve never heard of a player that will only play CSS protected disks Midders. Have you run into one?[/QUOTE]
Not per se; it just occurred to me that it would be the next logical step for the Sonys of this world :wink: I’ve come across quite a few weird ones though; my brother had a system (Sony, of course!) that would play RWs but not Rs. Go figure…