How to get rid of chrome advertisment?

vbimport

I notice that now the chrome advertisment that shows up in my IE9 doesn’t show up in FF4. Is there some way to get rid of it form showing up? I am attaching a picture so people can see what it looks like.

Surely it would depend on what site you are visiting or how you got there. I see nothing when I open my browser to ‘about:blank’.

I use Chrome, and apparently Google chose not to advertise that product in its browser either…

[QUOTE=RichMan;2582290]Surely it would depend on what site you are visiting or how you got there. I see nothing when I open my browser to ‘about:blank’.[/QUOTE]

In IE8 I was able to close that advertisement and it never came back but in IE9 no matter how many times I close that box it is always there the next time I open up IE9. Google is my homepage when it opens up FYI. I wonder if that has something to do with it but if it did my FF4 has the same homepage for google as well. So it would seem that there is something in IE9 that doesn’t respond to my action or wishes???

I’m still using IE7 & I ocassionally get the Chrome popup. Funny not every time I open
IE7 or even every day.
I know I probably should have checked out IE8 but I have IE7 set like I want it & it works well most of the time . I also have Opera & FF if I think I need them .

[QUOTE=cholla;2582368]I’m still using IE7 & I ocassionally get the Chrome popup. Funny not every time I open
IE7 or even every day.
I know I probably should have checked out IE8 but I have IE7 set like I want it & it works well most of the time . I also have Opera & FF if I think I need them .[/QUOTE]

If you still like IE7 upgrade to IE8.
Trust me, you’ll like IE8 more and switching to IE8 will preserve most of
your settings in IE7.

IE9? I’m still undecided

the adaptive search doesn’t seem to work in IE9.
(The tendency for it to suggest the result of past searches)

But unless you are running an early version of Vista (which came with IE7)
you are probably running XP and with XP IE9 isn’t an option.

@AllanDeGroot , You hit it an early version of Vista that came with IE7.
I’ve updated to SP2 but I nevr let update install IE8. It wanted to several times.