How to get online?

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Toshiba Satellite Pro 430 CDS/Confort Plus. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]hello i have a satellite pro 430 cds and was trying to figure out how to get it online? There is no ethernet or usb ports or even a phone jack. I do have two slots on the side that appear to be for a wireless card but I dont have one and cant find one. I do not know much about this laptop it was givin to me and works pretty good. so i am just playin around with it. thanks for any help

You need a PCMCIA wireless or ethernet card (not sure about a modem card), also known as PC Card Type II or Type III according to the specs of your Toshiba. I don’t know where you live, but if in the US, check Newegg. I found a D-Link wireless card at Newegg for my old laptop for $16. If you are using Windows 95, I don’t know about the drivers you will need and I don’t know if W98 has any either. I’m running Linux so no problem for me. Your slots are 16bit.

Update: You can also try a PCMCIA modem card.

The specs for your Toshiba (it’s a pdf) http://venturas.org/sites/default/files/satellite_pro_430cds.pdf