How to get full benefit of my DL burner w/dvdclone2?

vbimport

Recently i had purchased the LG GSA-E10L burner and it is a DL 16X burner with light scribe(which i absloutely love). I am using DVDclone2 trial to see if i like it and so far so good. I am currently a DVDXcopy owner, and although it is simple, it also wont copy alot of my movies that i want to back up. My question is, when i selected the DL option to record so it was 100% on quality, it would not allow it to copy, and said the file source was to large. So now i JUST redid it and was forced to do at a DVD-5 copy, and it was only a 65%… Is there a way to do it DL or are my burnable DVD’s not compatible.

Thanks alot, Eric

peteypab2133 –

Welcome to the CD Freaks Forum.

Your “File Source Too Large” problem can be caused by either selecting the incorrect “Target Size” (DVD-5/DVD DL) in the CloneDVD Software Program for the particular blank DVD Media you are using or by using poor quality blank DVD DL Media.

At this time/date Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media is the only DL Media that consistently produces quality error free results. Experimenting with other DL Media will only produce unacceptable varied poor quality results.

The below Forum Link for the AnyDVD/CloneDVD User Tutorial provides detailed information on the use of the AnyDVD/CloneDVD software combination. Also the CloneDVD User Manual can easily accessed by clicking on the “Help” icon located in the top right hand corner on the CloneDVD software program.

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=72022

Also it is prudent to ensure quality error free Burning results that your DVD Burner always has the newest most current up to date Firmware installed.

BeLooken

Thanks alot man, appreciate the fast response. So what your saying is, that currently there are no lightscribe discs that will support the DL feature. I did exactly what you said, when choosing the option DVD-5 or DVD DL -+R… I have the Verbatim Lightscribe 16X discs as of right now, but i guess i will be converting over. Can you really tell a difference between the DVD-5 and the DVD DL ? thanks again, and i will continue to search the forum under the links you have given me. BTW this site is VERY useful, and easy to navigate. Props.

You must use DL media to utilize this feature of your burner.
As BeLooken has stated, use Verbatim DL.
Compressing to 80% is generally concidered ok for DVD5, and movies requiring more than 80%, can be split to 2 DVD5 disks, requiring no compression. (DL is actually 2 disks on one side…Dual Layer)
It will be your decision, and will depend largely on the player you use and the size of screen you view the backup on.