How to get audio to sync up?

vbimport

I am having an impossible time getting the audio to sync up with Get Smart and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I am trying to use XVID.audiocopy generic from a HDD VOB to HDD. I have used other programs with the same problem. I would use generic.XVID.MP3, but it isn’t working currently for 5.2.2.2. On AutoGK, I use MP3, and it won’t sync up either.

Any solutions for those hard to sync movies?

I’ve had good luck with Subtitle Workshop. It also converts subtitle files to different formats. http://www.urusoft.net/products.php?cat=sw

Greetings deoro
Welcome to CD Freaks :flower:
Can you please read this
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2031893-post1.html
the member is asking for help for a DVDFab product which may have been paid for :cool:
Have a nice day :flower:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2188565]Greetings deoro
Welcome to CD Freaks :flower:
Can you please read this
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2031893-post1.html
the member is asking for help for a DVDFab product which may have been paid for :cool:
Have a nice day :flower:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have DVDFab gold. Normally, DVDFab hasn’t had a problem with audio syncing after using the newest update.

[QUOTE=Vegeta007;2188701]Yes, I have DVDFab gold. Normally, DVDFab hasn’t had a problem with audio syncing after using the newest update.[/QUOTE]

Silly question time.

Is the source material you are starting with in good Audio/Video sync?

I noticed you mentioned a couple of films in your first post. Assuming they are professionally done DVDs, this is a silly question, but sometimes one gets surprising answers.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Vegeta007;2188540]I am having an impossible time getting the audio to sync up with Get Smart and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I am trying to use XVID.audiocopy generic from a HDD VOB to HDD. I have used other programs with the same problem. I would use generic.XVID.MP3, but it isn’t working currently for 5.2.2.2. On AutoGK, I use MP3, and it won’t sync up either.

Any solutions for those hard to sync movies?[/QUOTE]

generic.XVID.MP3 is working perfect for me as I did 4 movies yesterday (not either of the 2 you mentioned) but no probs with 5.2.2.2 here, make sure you have pathplayer enabled when you rip the dvd’s to your hdd. hope that helps solve your problem.

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2188762]Silly question time.

Is the source material you are starting with in good Audio/Video sync?

I noticed you mentioned a couple of films in your first post. Assuming they are professionally done DVDs, this is a silly question, but sometimes one gets surprising answers.

O’C

:)[/QUOTE]

The movie themselves are in sync (not the boy band) when you play them as a VOB through DVDMAX. There is nothing out of the ordinary regarding THX or DTS audio being used. I always pick the 5.1.

[QUOTE=riptorn;2188802]generic.XVID.MP3 is working perfect for me as I did 4 movies yesterday (not either of the 2 you mentioned) but no probs with 5.2.2.2 here, make sure you have pathplayer enabled when you rip the dvd’s to your hdd. hope that helps solve your problem.[/QUOTE]
I have pathplayer enabled as needed in settings. In addition, I did have to use DVD Decrypter (older version of DVDFAB) for Forgetting Sarah Marshal as DVDFab was not recognizing the disk.

As for the MP3 setting of audio, other members and myself are seeing the FPS roll down to zero when trying to do some conversions using DVDFab mobile. I have only got it to work if I use generic.xvid.autocopy. WMV has not completed in over a dozen tries.

Vegeta007 set pathplayer to always enabled. also when i do the generic avi, I rip the main movie only to my hdd, then after dvdfab finishes i remove the disk and select the main movie vts folder as my source. I always go into conversion settings and tweak things a bit (I try to set my avi files to be no larger than 700-800 Mb according to movie length instead of selecting the bit rate and 1 pass encoding with excellent results) I really think your main problem is the pathplayer setting I mentioned but I’m no expert by any means just trying to help

[QUOTE=Vegeta007;2188816]The movie themselves are in sync (not the boy band) when you play them as a VOB through DVDMAX. There is nothing out of the ordinary regarding THX or DTS audio being used. I always pick the 5.1.

I have pathplayer enabled as needed in settings. In addition, I did have to use DVD Decrypter (older version of DVDFAB) for Forgetting Sarah Marshal as DVDFab was not recognizing the disk.

As for the MP3 setting of audio, other members and myself are seeing the FPS roll down to zero when trying to do some conversions using DVDFab mobile. I have only got it to work if I use generic.xvid.autocopy. WMV has not completed in over a dozen tries.[/QUOTE]

The DVDFab Mobile issue is known - before we all drive ourselves crazy, let’s wait for the next beta, to see if Fengtao has isolated and fixed that problem… it may clear up your issues there with audio/video sync.

Unless you committed a typo, and typed DVD Decrypter for DVDFab HD Decrypter, I’m sure many here are surprised to learn that DVD Decrypter is an older version of DVDFab - most especially Fengtao (and Ting - authors of DVDFab) and UK Lightnin’ (Author of DVD Decrypter).

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2189249]
Unless you committed a typo, and typed DVD Decrypter for DVDFab HD Decrypter, I’m sure many here are surprised to learn that DVD Decrypter is an older version of DVDFab - most especially Fengtao (and Ting - authors of DVDFab) and UK Lightnin’ (Author of DVD Decrypter).

O’C

:)[/QUOTE]
Maybe, I misspoke. DVD Decrypter I have is in fact DVDFab Decrypter 3.0.9.6. I didn’t think there was a difference, but only the name being appreviated as DVDFab went away from just decrypting. :confused:

I believe when I originally downloaded it was referred to as DVD Decrypter, and I have held on to the name. I guess I have never seen or used the UK Lightnin’ version.:eek:

Thanks for the clearing that up. I don’t want to insult anyones hard work and product.

However, I was able to decrypt (:)) Forgetting Sarah Marshal with 3.0.9.6. and not with 5.2.2.2. And the odd part about it is this is why I keep 3.0.9.6. around.

[QUOTE=riptorn;2189140]Vegeta007 set pathplayer to always enabled. also when i do the generic avi, I rip the main movie only to my hdd, then after dvdfab finishes i remove the disk and select the main movie vts folder as my source. I always go into conversion settings and tweak things a bit (I try to set my avi files to be no larger than 700-800 Mb according to movie length instead of selecting the bit rate and 1 pass encoding with excellent results) I really think your main problem is the pathplayer setting I mentioned but I’m no expert by any means just trying to help[/QUOTE]

Do you think pathplayer was no utilized during a certain section?

If PathPlayer is set to “Enable PathPlayer when necessary” then this could very well be the case, and like riptorn said he is only trying to help :cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2189404]If PathPlayer is set to “Enable PathPlayer when necessary” then this could very well be the case, and like riptorn said he is only trying to help :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I truly appreciate the help from all.:bow:
I will try that.

So is Pathplayer important during the ripping process or the conversion process? Both? I am not exactly sure what its function is.

[quote=Vegeta007;2190513]Thanks, I truly appreciate the help from all.:bow:
I will try that.

So is Pathplayer important during the ripping process or the conversion process? Both? I am not exactly sure what its function is.[/quote]
Some DVD’s have strange navigation structure which throws your computers drive off so you get read errors and other issues, PathPlayer uses the same technology as a standalone DVD player thus reads the correct navigation structure of the DVD.

It is used during the rip only not the conversion.

this is my understanding anyway :wink: and my 2 cents :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2190544]
this is my understanding anyway :wink: and my 2 cents :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Thanks for all the help.

:wink:

Audio synch is only one of many problems with Mobile. I prefer DVDfab for the conversion profile options, but have found that there are other media converters out there that will do the conversion with less problems (I acknowledge that the video qulaity may not be as superb as DVDfab, but at some point you have to make the call as to whether DVDfab is worth the effort. If it is for u, then thats fine cos ordinarily it does an outastanding job - it just seems to me in my experience that it has some serious issues to resolve before it should make claims about its mobile conversion qualities