How To Force 20x?

[qanda]This thread is about the LG 16x Super Multi DVD Rewriter black. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello All!!!

Ok, here is the problem, I have a LG GH22NS30 DVD burner. When I first installed it and fired up Nero I was able to burn at 20x with 16x Maxell media!!! All was great, then I used Memorex media which would only burn at 16x. I switched back to the Maxell media and I am stuck at 16x now! I have tried the media code software and no success. I could be doing something wrong, but I don’t think so. The really funny thing about it is that I have used the media code software to examine my firmware (which is v1.02 by the way) and it has the Maxell media listed as 22x,20x,16x,8x,4x. So, I should be able to burn 20x regardless!!!

Please Help!!! Thanks in Advance!!!

[QUOTE=Voltron2k7;2305998][qanda]This thread is about the LG 16x Super Multi DVD Rewriter black. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello All!!!

Ok, here is the problem, I have a LG GH22NS30 DVD burner. When I first installed it and fired up Nero I was able to burn at 20x with 16x Maxell media!!! All was great, then I used [B]Memorex media[/B] which would only burn at 16x. I switched back to the Maxell media and I am stuck at 16x now! I have tried the media code software and no success. I could be doing something wrong, but I don’t think so. The really funny thing about it is that I have used the media code software to examine my firmware (which is v1.02 by the way) and it has the Maxell media listed as 22x,20x,16x,8x,4x. [B]So, I should be able to burn 20x regardless!!![/B]

Please Help!!! Thanks in Advance!!![/QUOTE]

[B]Wrong![/B]
With this crap media burning faster than 8x is a waste and [B]madness[/B]!!

Lets post the MID/mediacodes…

Jaysus - some folks never learn :frowning:

Faster ain’t always better - just like bigger ain’t always better :slight_smile: