How to flash 451s into 851s?

can anyone tell me?

Find the tool which patches the 851S firmware to remove the EEPROM check, then flash the patched firmware onto your 451S.

Originally posted by dhc014
Find the tool which patches the 851S firmware to remove the EEPROM check, then flash the patched firmware onto your 451S.

Seems kind of vague for a new guy to understand this. Don’t look at me, though, I’m new at this too…:o

You forgot to have them backup their eeprom and current firmware!

Originally posted by Daffy
Seems kind of vague for a new guy to understand this. Don’t look at me, though, I’m new at this too…:o

I’m busy tonight, but if no one gets to this tomorrow I’ll write you a how to tomorrow night.

You want the tools? Alrighty! try http://www.liteon401s.prv.pl/
it is self-explanatory.

Did I do this right?
I flashed my 451 to 851 with gs0a fw patch and it worked great. I later flashed the gs0c firmware but I forgot to patch it first and got the flashing orange light so I patched the gs0c and reflashed? Is this right or do I need to rewrite the back up of my original gsb6 or gs0a eeprom then flash the patched gs0c fw?
thanks KP

There’s no need to backup the EEPROM since they don’t need to touch it anyways. They don’t need to backup the firmware either since chances are, it’s already available online.

411S upgraders who do decide to mess with the EEPROM in order to add 8x calibration data should backup their EEPROM, but this post isn’t about the 411S upgrade.

[B]There’s no need to backup the EEPROM since they don’t need to touch it anyways. They don’t need to backup the firmware either since chances are, it’s already available online.

411S upgraders who do decide to mess with the EEPROM in order to add 8x calibration data should backup their EEPROM, but this post isn’t about the 411S upgrade. [/B]

I agree, but . . . those who flash to 851, etc. tend to get a more comfortable with flashing their drives and I think are more prone to trying new things since the last new thing they tried worked . . . then they run into the region free utility or something that boogers up their drive. It’s just prudent to backup everything before you start diddling (now or in the future) so you have a shot at recovering the drive if curiosity kills the cat . . .

COOL
THANK YOU

Check the 451@851 info thread

I can’t use the crack GS08
It has no respond
What should I do?