How to fix album art in iTunes/iPod

Quick question:

Anyone know how to change the album art for a CD or MP3 tracks you have synced with your iPod?

For instance, I put a CD from the French industrial band the Young Gods on my iPod but I got cover art for the hiphop artist Young Moses instead. I admit I have some obscure tastes, but some really rare CDs have shown up with correct album art. By the same token, some real popular albums also have not appeared with the correct art. For instance, when I put Genesis’ 1976 album ‘A Trick of the Tail’ on my iPod I got cover art for their 1983 self-titled album instead.

There must be an easy way to fix this. Thanks! :bigsmile:

Anyone?

I went to my local Apple store and asked one of them Apple genius types. He said it was easy. Just right click over the album image in my iTunes program and I should be given an option to change the album art, if I have the image somewhere else on my PC. BS. Right clicking on album art images does nothing. So if anyone can offer some helpful instructions, I’d appreciate it.

Are you getting the art via iTunes, or elsewhere?..Elaborate, with more details…

Right click the album/song image -> Clear Downloaded Artwork

Alternatively, from the song listing itself, right click and pick “get info” or pick get info from the “file” menu. In the window that appears, select the artwork tab, highlight the artwork and click the delete button.

The image will update on your iPod after you change it in iTunes. You will need to resync the two.

Awesome, brokenbuga. It works. Unfortuantely it does seem, I have to hunt out the images from another source on the Internet, save them on my computer, then copy and paste them in the album art window of the “get info” tab. But it does work, per your instructions. But I probably don’t need to actually downlad the album art. I can view it on-line and then copy and paste from there, too, no?

There really should be a feature in iTunes for correcting artwork, where you can seek out the appropriate album art, through whatever database they have that thye use to only approximate the album artwork of the CD you have put into iTunes. Is there anything like that you know of?

Let me know…

P.S.

Nice cat, t0nee1!

…I have to hunt out the images from another source on the Internet, save them on my computer, then copy and paste them in the album art window of the “get info” tab. But it does work, per your instructions. But I probably don’t need to actually downlad the album art.

You might be able to right click on the image you’ve found and copy the URL of the picture then paste that into the box. Or right click on the picture, select copy and paste that into the box.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2435167]You might be able to right click on the image you’ve found and copy the URL of the picture then paste that into the box. Or right click on the picture, select copy and paste that into the box.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it seems just right clicking on the image and copying form the Internet seems to work just fine. I then simply paste in album art window and viola. The only thing is, I have an 80g iPod and a small hard drive, so I do not keep the ACC files in the iTunes folder once I have synched into the iPod. When I try to define that album art, it does nto seem to synch into the files I have on the iPod.

So, beyond deleting the album and uploading to the iTunes and then synching with the iPod all over again, is there a way to bring the files down into my PC’s harddrive via iTunes, then correcting the artwork and synching again?

Don’t have an iPod and have no desire to use iTunes, but my kids use WinAmp for synching, perhaps it would work for you.

[QUOTE=slowcloud;2435162] But I probably don’t need to actually downlad the album art. I can view it on-line and then copy and paste from there, too, no?

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That’s how I do it anyway. I mostly use Amazon or Wikipedia for cover art. Copy and paste.

By doing that, the artwork is ‘stored’ into the files directly. If you use the iTunes import artwork feature, the artwork is only stored in your profile.

As far as your iPod goes, I would think the easiest way would be to completely update your iTunes library, then force a reset of the iPod.

I add cover art to the MP3s’ tags using MP3Tag before adding the MP3s to iTunes’ library. (If you do it to MP3s already in iTunes’ library, it won’t notice the change.)

Someone else in another post (which I can’t find now)
was complaining about not being able to use images from Amazon…

I’ve found that you can easily right click and save the images from Amazon, but you must manually NAME each file as a .jpg either when you are capturing the image (right click/save picture) OR as a seperate operation after you’ve saved it.

I’ve captured 500x500 images for about 2/3 of my music collection

I use 500x500’s for playback on my computer.

I’ll worry about images for iPod/car stereo playback later.

as for using the images the newest version of TagScanner(5.1)
does image imbedding.

AD

I do as NRen2k5, and use Mp3Tag to either fix or add new Art to my MP3s, before importing in iTunes…Contrary to what some may say, it’s a very good tagging tool…It supports several audio formats, (e.g APE,Flac, AAC etc…
If however you DL’d Album MP3s from Amazon and you install/use their MP3 Downloader, it’ll save, not only in the (Amazon)folder, but will also add the files to iTunes or WMP (yikes!) , art and all, automagically…

Is there any way to manually import album art into the database instead of embedding in the files, the way iTunes does when it automatically downloads album art? I do not want the art embedded into every single file.

Save your image art and rename to ’ folder.jpg ’ and put it in the same album folder…Open/import the album folder in itunes–right-click on audio file(s) and add album art, browse to folder.jpg you saved…

That procedure just embeds the image into each MP3 file instead of importing it into the album art database. I don’t want it to modify my MP3 files, just add the art for each album into the iTunes Album Art database.

I just save the *.jpg files to the same folder as the .mp3 files.

But while I was at the job of aquiring images by downloading from amazon I also aquired the thumbnails.
I’m not using them, but…

I have many image files for albums I don’t even have, because I aquired the album art images for all the 300-odd albums on my
wish list, that killed 8 hours on a rainy afternoon…

AD